Home Forums General Discussion appendix removed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    Wednesday May 24, I had a severe stomach upset and it was hurting all the way over to my gall bladder, so by 9 pm I asked my husband to take me to the hospital. first they did an ultra sound on the gall bladder, but that looked okay, so then they had me drink this lemonade flavored stuff, about one quart of it and then they did a ct-scan. about an hour later (6 am Thursday morning) they came in and told me that I had to have my appendix out because it looked real bad. By ten am I was in surgery and by noon I was in my room. They went through the belly button and I had two other minor cuts. Doctor told us it was close to rupture. I was home by two pm Friday afternoon.
    Well I think that lately some of my issues may have been going back to that infected appendix. My numbers had gone up, my hands started to peel again and were red too. So now I hope with this problem removed I will get better again.
    My grandsons remark was” Omi at your age you have your appendix out” He thinks it is a young peoples issue LOL
    Eva

Eva Holloway

Parisa
    Participant

Eva,

Sorry to hear you had to go through this but hopefully you will recover quickly from the surgery and be back on track.

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Wow Eva — so glad to hear they caught it in time and you are on the road to recovery. Hopefully getting that infected organ out of your body will help with your overall health and healing. Recover quickly !

Bonnie

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Maz
    Keymaster

Eva, so happy to hear you’re okay and on the road to recovery. What a thing, eh?

I remembered reading about the appendix being a repository for beneficial bacteria in the gut. Might be a good idea to discuss this with Dr. K at your next visit, as she may want you to increase your probiotic intake and work on some bio-film busting:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071008102334.htm

kater
    Participant

Dear Eva
    so sorry that you have had to endure yet one more thing, but so glad to hear it was caught on time and that you are on the mend. Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you will feel better than ever when the healing is complete.
    rest and renew!
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Eva Holloway
    Participant

within the last few days I started to have a problem with my left wrist. I am still taking meds and supplements on a regular basis, no change, but the left wrist is very tender to the touch and certain movements hurt. Could there be a problem from the surgery or some problem that the appendix took care off. I have not had a sore wrist in at least three years now and I don’t want to go back too many steps.
    Eva

Eva Holloway

Eva Holloway
    Participant

went to see Dr.K. today and she told me that I should never had problem with my appendix since I was taking antibiotics and now I have a problem again with my right ankle, just swollen and red. Dr. K. checked it and could not find any infection in it. I think I may have to find a doctor that works with infectious diseases.
    Dr.K. put me on clindy for a month, I have to take four pills a day. Will be seeing her again in a month. Also she told me to go totally gluten-free. About once a week I would eat something that had gluten in it so now no more. Since we are going on a trip I will wait to see about the infectious diseases doctor.
    All my tests came back good, the only thing that was low was my Vitamin D3 level, blood work was fine. So now I am very puzzled as what could be wrong to cause the infection, the pain in my left wrist and right ankle.
    Eva

Eva Holloway

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Eva,

So many people take a step backward in progress and flare post-surgery. This is pretty common, so not unusual. Would be good to increase detoxing now, if possible. The clindamcyin is probably a good step and will hopefully let you get the upper hand again. Is Dr. K. going to be getting on board with IVs soon? My memory recall on this may be off, but I thought I’d heard she had gone to a conference or something and might possibly be doing them in future?

I hope you feel better soon! Be sure to get a good variety of probiotics from now on…we can do okay without an appendix, but it is a repository for beneficial bacteria. So replacing good fauna will be a priority.

Trudi
    Participant

@Eva Holloway wrote:

Could there be a problem from the surgery

Hi Eva–
    Your surgery may have triggered gout–at least that is what it sounds like to me. After knee surgery for a torn miniscus, my husband got what is called “pseudo-gout.” According to his doctor, many people suffer from pseudo-gout after surgery and then never again. You might want to check into this. So sorry to hear you are troubled with this.
    Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maz,
    yes, Dr. K has started the IV’s, so sme people may be able to go to her that don’t want to travel to Dr. S office in Iowa.
    Yes, I am taking extra probiotic and I also make my own kefir. I drink it before I go to bed.
    Eva

Eva Holloway

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.