Home Forums General Discussion Apology to ALL who sought AP/Lyme treatment from Dr. S., IL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Krys
    Participant

My deep apology to all those who were seeking AP / Lyme treatment from Dr. S. in Chicago, IL.
    I was the one who very highly recommended this doc as AP / Lyme (he was to be ILADS trained asap) to be included in recommended docs through this forum. I knew him to be highly compassionate, knowledgeable, very caring, accessible, and very open to all therapies that will help patients heal. I gave his name to be put on RBF list of AP docs with his permission, after I had known for 2,5 months that he was open to treating with AP, including IVs.
    I brought a friend to see him last Friday and I found 180 degree change of heart towards antibiotics. There’s no support, there’s open hostility towards AP now.

I have no way of knowing if anybody sought him out to receive AP from him. But it breaks my heart how disappointing, discouraging and maybe shocking it must have been if indeed a patient who decided on this form of treatment, got a RBF list of AP physicians, made an appointment and got crushed with an AP hostility.
    I know how difficult it may be to make a decision to start less approved mode of treatment and how desperate some people have to get to actually start it. So I’m very, very deeply sorry that I brought about shock, discouragement, lost time, and any other loss due to my recommendation. I feel responsible. I’m so sorry.
    Please forgive me. I wish I could make it right, but I cannot.
    My warmest wishes to all, and may you always encounter a doctor and support that will bring about your total healing. Much love, Krys

PetRescue
    Participant

Hi Krys-just wondering if you meant Dr. P in Elgin or another doc. He’s my doc too and I’m due to see him next week. Now I’m nervous 🙂

~jen

Krys
    Participant

Jen, don’t worry! Dr. P. is my LLMD, too. I will be seeing him next week, too! I am so grateful to him (Dr.P.) that I can say that I hold big love for him within my heart. I perceive him as one of my angels!!!
    The apology is about Dr. S. in Chicago proper, a very caring doc, who unfortunately had a complete change of heart towards AP. And as I recommended him and did not know about his new AP hostility, I am worried that somebody could have got burned and crushed with this new attitude and I am quite devastated about the effect it could have on some RBF-er seeking AP.
    Warm wishes, Krys
    P.S. Who knows? Maybe we’ll run into each other next week?

PetRescue
    Participant

Whew! Thanks for the update. I had scanned your posts and noticed you saw Dr P too, so I assumed the worse. But I guess that’ll teach me to assume! That’s strange for a doc to go from AP to wanting to be ILADS trained to against it all. It’s so confusing to me why a doc would be against antibiotics, but for other drugs that are so much more harmful. I can understand docs like mercola being against both, favoring a natural approach. Anyway, my appt is actually on monday-I was off a little! But maybe someday 🙂

~jen

Krys
    Participant

Dear Jen,
    I’m sorry if I gave the wrong impression about this doc (Dr. S.). He IS a total sweetheart of a doctor: humble, deeply caring, very compassionate and was also open to anything legal that might help those in need. He was not giving AP; I talked him into agreeing to offer it (IVs including) as the only, in my opinion, therapy that reverses the damage of infection based rheumatoid diseases and actually treats the disease. I brought him Henry Scammel’s book and also Katherine Poehlmann’s “RA, the Infection Connection”. He read them, did some research, and knowing how difficult it is for people to find an AP physician, he agreed to supply the treatment to those who were searching for it. He agreed later on to be put on AP referral list at RBF. Willingness to take ILADS training was just his further opening to help those in need. At that point I left him a whole bunch of books on Lyme, including Dr. Schaller’s books. And possibly that was the reason for the change of heart. Dr. Schaller in his book on Bartonella mentions at one point the dosage of Azithromycin as 1500mg 3x day for a period of several months.

When I saw him last Friday, he said he would not prescribe any antibiotics. And pointing to Dr. Schaller’s book on Bartonella: “There’s no way, EVER, I would do that!!!” His stance was : No antibiotics, period!
    He is not into steroids only, either. I think he uses a combination of natural and pharmaceutical medicine, mostly focusing on bringing the body back into harmony with the help of infoceuticals. Even though the attitude towards antibiotics was hostile (and for that reason he cannot be recommended any more as an AP doc) he did budge a little when a girl I brought for testing admitted that she really wanted AP and kept saying that if there is a bacteria that causes her problem, she wants something to take care of the infectious cause, not just bring her body back to harmony and have a relapse later. He did relent, somewhat. He said that if she did some thorough testing (he recommended a chiropractic doc who prescribes some stool testing for genes of all kinds of bugs and who is excellent at muscle testing) and tested positive for bacteria and the muscle testing confirmed that a specific antibiotic will help her, then, and only then, he will treat her with this particular antibiotic.
    In my understanding an AP doc will do some testing, sometimes an extensive testing, often the clinical diagnosis being the basis, and then treats until the patient is well, not just with one only single antibiotic. If there is a need for tweaking the protocol, an AP doc does it, he/she does whatever it takes to help the patient recover!
    I respect Dr. S.’s decision. I just wish it was made prior to being put on RBF AP physician list. But I am positive he did not mean to mislead anyone. He is a doc with a beautiful heart. But I still feel just horrible when I think that maybe someone got the RBF referral, expected help, and got a shock!
    Warm wishes to all, Krys

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.