Home Forums General Discussion AP Works!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rcarney80
    Participant

Diagnosed with RA in May started AP in May. Zithromax 500 mg daily dose changed per e-mail consult with Dr. S in Iowa. Now taking Zithromax MWF 500 mg. Just got my most recent labs back RA factor down to 48 from 189 Sed rate normal CRP 22 down from 66 Anti-CCP 90 down from over 200.
    Fortunatly I have never had alot of joint pain mostly soft tissue muscle and tendon pains and stiffness. These are getting better every week no swelling. I only take 3 Ibuprofen per day have been off my Prednisone 10 mg since June.
    All I can say is Thanks to everyone here for all the information that I have gained in the last months by reading the board on a daily basis. πŸ˜€
    To anyone who is new the road may seem long but it is well worth it. I think everyday what I could be feeling like if I had choose the traditional approach to treatment.
    I will e-mail Dr S in Iowa with my latest labs to get his consultative input on my progress.
    I will see my Integrative Medicine doctor in a few weeks to go over my labs and decide if we need to do anything additonal. My vote is stay the course and work a getting my numbers to normal and get rid of my remaining muscle and tendon pain.

Thanks again to everyone here could not have stayed the course without your knowledge and widsom.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Thanks for the uplifting update rcarney80! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ So pleased that your treatment path – with Dr S’s input – seems to be working for you. You may not get alot of congrats response posts at the moment…..many folks dealing with the ravages that Mother Nature has wrought. Please keep us posted on your continued progress.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

cecilia
    Participant

Thanks for your great news!!! I’m new to AP and have yet to start it. I have an appt end of Nov w/ Dr S in Iowa. Congrats, Cecilia

Doc’s full name removed as per RBF Guidelines. Thanks for your understanding. RBFV

JoAnnC68
    Participant

Thats Wonderful News rcarneys80!! I’m sooo Happy for you and Wish you the Best!!

Jo Ann

Diagnosed with RA Jan 2012
    Oct 2015- RF has dropped to 19!!! Isn't that Great! ?! I'm feeling wonderful! I'm still taking Mino 2 x daily...if I don't forget!
    Oct 2014 RF has dropped to 23.1!! Taking Mino 100mg 2 x daily. No Pains & doing great!!
    Oct 2013-RF has dropped to 40.9!!! Feeling Wonderful!!
    7-17-2013 I'm going Great!! Still taking mino 100mg twice daily. No pains or Complaints!
    5-9-2013 RA Dr said I was doing good, I could stop taking prednisone since I dropped to 1/2 mg...so will

rcarney80
    Participant

Thanks to all for the kind words on my news.
    I posted my information just in case someone new was reading they could see as I did when I first started following things here that this protocol really does work.
    The first thing my rheumatologist said to me after she told me I had RA was that antibiotic do not work.
    I would like to go back and see her now and ask her to explain why my symptoms are resolving and my labs are improving.
    My Integrative Medicine doctor says that she would say I was missed diagnosed.
    All that really matters is that just like many others here I am on my way to remission πŸ˜€

Take care all
    PS To anyone who was in the path of the storm my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

@rcarney80 wrote:

Thanks to all for the kind words on my news.
    I posted my information just in case someone new was reading they could see as I did when I first started following things here that this protocol really does work.
    The first thing my rheumatologist said to me after she told me I had RA was that antibiotic do not work.
    I would like to go back and see her now and ask her to explain why my symptoms are resolving and my labs are improving.
    My Integrative Medicine doctor says that she would say I was missed diagnosed.
    All that really matters is that just like many others here I am on my way to remission πŸ˜€

Take care all
    PS To anyone who was in the bath of the storm my thoughts and prayers are with you.

rcarney:

Thanks for posting your success and coming back to give others support. So many of us have had the same experience with the rheumatologist telling us that antibiotics do not work. When I asked my daughter’s diagnosing rheumy (systemic scleroderma) about minocin, he said, “IT IS A HOAX AND I WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!” He also told us that, based on her rapid lung involvment progressing that the prognosis was about two years. He also described a very bleak, painful and disfiguring two years before he believed that she would secumb to the disease. That was 6+ years ago. The past six years have been anything but bleak.

I hope newcomers will see your story and feel supported in taking this path that is not always easy to begin.

Congratualions!

Cheryl

rcarney80
    Participant

Cheryl,
    It is really sad that Rheumatologist are so closed minded to the value of AP. I am a nurse so I was well aware of all the side effects of the traditional medications. I am thankful that I choose to take my own path to health. For some people it is not easy to stand up to the docotor and advocate on your own behalf.
    Thank goodness you did that for your daughter.
    Glad to hear see is doing well after 6 years.

My hope is others find this site and take advantage of all of the knowledge and experience here it is amazing that so many of us have been helped by something so simple and less toxic.

God Bless
    Rena

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hi Rena, thanks for sharing your progress, I’m so happy for you!!! I, too, have worked as a nurse in many specialties, and my hubby is an MD who is well aware of the side effects of the typical drugs prescribed by rheumies. He’s been very supportive and seen my progress both in my mobility and labs.

Now, he and my daughters are after me to begin strengthening exercises through pilates & yoga. My rheumy is once again allowing me to dictate that move by giving me a referral to a physical therapist/ pilates/ yoga instructor who works with lots of folks w. auto immune disorders. and who understands the need to be careful of weight-bearing tasks. I’m excited that I’m able to think about going the next step!

Continued blessings and health to you Rena! GG

Joanne60
    Participant

Congratulations that you have made good progress on antibiotics.
    I don’t often post on Roadback forum but as i have been spreading the word on Facebook I just thought I’d see what was going on.

My Arthritis and muscle weakness was found after 4 years to be Lyme Disease and I have made a really good recovery on long term antibiotics. The research on Lyme disease continues to emerge showing that many preconceived ideas and opinions from years ago have been incorrect – the science will get there in the end supporting the experience patients have.

Lyme is however a relapsing remitting illness a bit like RA and other illnesses and so it is often necessary to have re treatment along the way. In my case a long standing difficult to diagnose ear infection was finally diagnosed (when I asked for an ear swab) after nearly a year as an anaerobic infection plus fungal infection – the Metronidaziole prescribed caused an enornmous exacerbation of my lyme like symptoms resulting in a few months further antibiotics before symptoms resolved again.

Not easy to erradicate Lyme it seems.

Best wishes Joanne

dixiegirl
    Participant

So I haven’t read every comment here, but I have to give my hearty AMEN!
    AP WORKS!!! Just 2 months on this stuff and I can squat on the floor and work all day long… wow!!
    I thank God for bringing me to this website and helping me find this freedom from RA!

cavalier
    Participant

Congrats on your labs moving downards best wishes for continued success –
    Interesting that Dr S. had you M W& Fri 500 mgs of zithromax – i have wondered if he had me too low at 250 mg’s also M W & Fri.

Jill Lyme

rcarney80
    Participant

Jill,
    I do not see Dr. S I have just had e-mail consults with him. My integrative medicine doctor is the one who gave me the Rx for the Zithromax he had me taking it daily 500 mg. Dr S suggested that I take it MWF so I made the change.

I am very happy that my numbers are going down and so fast it has only been 5 months since I started AP. It is amazing how much better I feel. πŸ˜€

Good Luck to you as you travel the Road Back!!!!!

Rena

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.