Home Forums General Discussion AP for asthma – headed for the mainstream?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne
    Participant

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2013/10/14/curing-asthma-instead-of-coping-with-wheezing/

“What if many cases of hard-to-treat asthma could be cured instead of managed? That is the basis for Dr. David Hahn’s new book, A Cure for Asthma? What Your Doctor Isn’t Telling You–and Why. David Hahn, MD, MS, has devoted decades to studying the root cause of many cases of asthma. He has discovered that infection with a sneaky bacterium called Chlamydia pneumoniae may be responsible for a great deal of lung inflammation and airway constriction. Ignoring the infection by treating symptoms of wheezing and shortness of breath leads to lifelong exposure to medication and often a great deal of suffering.
    Dr. Hahn offers an alternative. He has found a way to help the body eliminate the smoldering infection. It involves the antibiotic azithromycin (Zithromax, Z-Pak). To learn more about the science and read amazing stories from people who have benefited from Dr. Hahn’s research and regimen, check out his brand new book, A Cure for Asthma? You can watch a video with Dr. Hahn and Jim Quinlan, whose story is featured in the book. “

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

richie
    Participant

Interesting !!!!!!!!!!!!
    richie

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hi, Suzanne:

This is very interesting. When I had severe AS, I got asthma as part of the disease and I was able to trigger it with foods and it was seasonal, but skipped low-pollen seasons. Eventually I found that AS was caused by Klebsiella pneumoniae, and once I began treating with both No Starch Diet plus antibiotics, the asthma disappeared, also. I was then unable to trigger it which was a good thing to expand my diet, then. I KNOW there is a connection with some forms of asthma, certainly.

HEALTH,
    John

enzed
    Participant

Very interesting. I first got asthma 4 years ago at the same time I was diagnosed with SD.

After taking Minocycline for 3 months the asthma disappeared in January 2013 and has not returned.

cavalier
    Participant

Enzed what was your dosage on the mino? Was it just 3 days a week 100 mgs twice a day?

I have asthma it came on suddenly & I have CPn that showed as being raised in my bloodwork & my doc says I still have the infection this was after I had been on the above dosage of Mino for 8 mo’s. I have taken zith for the SD but not as high as the link says.

I am obviously interested in this thread – as my Mom had severe asthma it was a complication in her early demise. I was fine til adult years in my 40’s. I also have 2 other sibs who have this & yet the other 3 sib’s do not I never bought it was genetic as my Mom’s 2 sib’s never had it nor did her parents or grands. She got this after she recovered from Rheumatic fever as a baby. I had pneumonia in my late 30’s. It’s interesting reading that this virus I think is what it is can cause osteoporosis or penia thinning of the bones & attacks the vascular – which makes you wonder if this precipitates SD or at least its linked to HBP. It also a risk factor for inflammation which spawns other issues & clots. It’s linked to plaque in the carotid artery & certainly the lungs with asthma.

Many thanks for sharing.
    Jill Systemic SD, Lyme, CPn, heavy metals, candida, Parasites, Hashimotos thyroid, poss bart. asthma, paralyzed diaphragm typical destructive pathway for Lyme. fibrosis, L. heart failure, Pulmonary Venous Hypertension

enzed
    Participant
    cavalier wrote:
    Enzed what was your dosage on the mino? Was it just 3 days a week 100 mgs twice a day?

Cavalier. I began Mino on 100mg daily, had to reduce it to 50mg because of extreme herxing, had a couple of washouts, and finally stopped taking it after 6 months because I could not tolerate the violent die off reaction. Halfway through the 6 months the asthma stopped. But early in the Mino AP I had some bad coughing at night. I logged my progress on my personal thread if you want to know all the symptoms and reactions I had. I stopped the Mino in April and had a big washout, then began Doxy 200mg a day in June. The asthma has not returned. I found Mino pretty hard going in terms of die off but it did reverse some of the SD symptoms that’s for sure. I detox with green juiced veges with lemon juice. I eat natural Greek yogurt to protect my stomach. I don’t know if Doxy would have cleared up the asthma in the same way Mino did.

I take no supplements apart from Flaxseed oil capsules sometimes. I’ve had unpleasant side effects or reactions from some supplements and as a result no longer trust any of them.

Experienced people on this forum often warn that the AP dose for one person will not necessarily suit another and that AP needs to be carried out under a doctor’s supervision. That is very sensible advice.

cavalier
    Participant

Thank you & I DO agree what works for one doesn’t another as obviously I had a long enuf run with Mino to have had a affect IF it was going too, but I also have a persistent Lyme infection so it makes sense to me now why my CPn persists. I was doing some reading last nite & what is most interesting is the LINK of Chlamydia to Lyme it made for a HUGE Light bulb for me as I have wondered how I got Chlamydia P. well I have Lyme & Bingo! My LLMD did the test but I don’t know he realizes this only confirms the Lyme – it’s another co-infection due to the ticks carrying Chlamydia! – see below for the full explanation.

This is huge well it is to me – the below is from -http://planetthrive.com/2010/03/lyme-co-infections/ –
    Stephen Buhner Master Herbalist

cavalier
    Participant

I just found a note that CPn wont die off til the heavy metals are removed & the order Dr K says to get rid of Lyme/ CPn is one does the parasites 1st & the metals. Since he appears to be correct – he goes on to say til this is done the AP wont be successful in getting rid of Lyme or CPn & this is EXACTLY what my experience was I felt blocked, til I did this approach.

I had posted the link from Dr K’s site & I had forgotten I had done that til I did a search on this forum for CPn articles & my post came up. 😆

This is a partial excerpt from my post –
    450 of 500 Alzheimer brains had spirochetes, Chlamydophila, and other infections herpes virus. In autism, one is 16 times more likely to have Borrelia, fungi, viruses, mycoplasma, and other organisms.
    When infections are present combined with heavy metals, the condition is much worse.

Chlamydia cannot be cleared when heavy metals are still present.

If a patient is rapidly declining, the focus should be on reducing the microbial burden. If they are not rapidly declining, the focus should often be more on the terrain

Any person that is chronically ill and not off all gluten and casein may be wasting their time with other treatments.(ME- my LDA doc says this as well to all patients!)

Steve Hines mentioned that he sees fungus on darkfield after 3 days on antibiotics. He often uses Nystatin with HLC probiotic packets. He rarely sees a Lyme treatment failure that does not have dental infections. When root canals are present in the upper teeth, sinusitis often results. When they are present in the lower teeth, breast cancer may follow

The metals can become allergens. Mercury is likely responsible for preventing a complete healing from Lyme disease. She also suggested having metals removed in one session rather than several sessions and doing so with the correct supportive treatment

Jill SD Lyme CPn heavy Metals & Poss. Bart plus candidia

enzed
    Participant

Cavalier, I find it quite unhelpful to read these sweeping statements that quote some ‘expert’ or other, as you said below:

“Any person that is chronically ill and not off all gluten and casein may be wasting their time with other treatments.(ME- my LDA doc says this as well to all patients!) “

Well, I’ve been chronically ill for many years and after a year on AP am certainly no longer in that category. I am not gluten free nor do I consider I need to be. There are so many ‘experts’ peddling so many theories and what concerns me about them is, their undue influence on vulnerable, ill people. They can’t all be right. So many of them are making money from publications expounding their theories and/or from supplements. I’m not that trusting. I am a person who has wasted a lot of money over the years trying different supplements and diets including dairy free and gluten free diets. And in the end all that has worked for me is antibiotics. We need to sift through the vast amounts of conflicting information available and then use our own judgement.

I am not trying to be critical, just pointing out that all these ‘experts’ can confuse and derail AP treatment for people who are already feeling disheartened. Ill people can become overwhelmed so easily. I would find it a lot more helpful if you would try a treatment you believe in and then post the results – for others to see if it actually worked for you or not.

cavalier
    Participant

The full thread is under CPn if you do a search on the forum I was making a point & I am HARDLY against AP – just that not all of us are in the same boat as to when it’s better use of AP to be able to break thru when one has biofilms, heavy metals & parasites according to Dr K & my own experience as well that people need to address those for their AP to work better IF they have been tested by a doc which I have & found to have these issues! some of us who do makes the AP not penetrate well UNTIL they are addressed & that is the point. I FULLY understand that AP works for many folks without all of these gyrations first, but there are some who are so chronically ill & they & their doc’s often miss uncovering these other issues & until they do they can like me struggle. If you dont understand this then just be glad it was more straight forward for you.

I am battling a kidney stone stuck right now in the tube & so if in my haste earlier to deflect my mind but for you to assume that my not treating the heavy metals & parasites (which I do have) is not making headway you would be incorrect – now that I am pulsing in AP is making more progress for me than when I was just using AP alone – it’s what you said we are all different but if you have Lyme which I do it is often multi layers to be dealing with & that was the point in this post was to bring awareness / have some thoughts for people to pursue if they are stuck like I was with doc’s.
    The point of my post was IF you have toxic heavy metals as I do then you cant even with all kinds of ABX fully get rid of CPn til those heavy metals are lowered. I felt this was relevant to the discussion & of course every doc has a opinion & they don’t all agree, but I can tell you in my case I was truly stuck til I started to address both parasites & heavy metals.
    If someone is not making progress with their AP it’s hardly disheartening to say then it merits having or finding a doc to check for these it’s offering help to those who are not getting better it’s not that AP doesn’t work it’s the layers it has to go thru & if one has biofilms, yeast, parasites, & heavy metal loads it can only get thru so much once those are not the defensive shield AP can & does work VERY well! It’s never a bad idea to start with AP but if one is going on 2 yr’s of AP l.ike I was & getting worse there had to be a reason when AP works for so many – I found out why due to the above & I do believe Dr K. is correct those who have these issues need to lower those to make the door for AP to be able to be effective.
    If this is something you don’t understand that’s fine as you have not experienced this but don’t say it aint so for others who have 🙂
    It’s like asking something to penetrate well when there is layers in the way – all I am saying is for some of us we have to get the barriers down & then AP can do it’s job! I don’t see the issue, but it maybe how it’s being interpreted.
    Best – Jill

cavalier
    Participant

I am not allowed to quote the actual name of the doc but it is one of my doc’s Dr B. who has said the one sentence that you say quoting a doc confuses others / from AP. He uses AP just when he is the one who also says unless my thyroid is fully working with in my case supplementation no amount of AP will work til my immune system is able to function.
    The forum doesn’t allow full doc’s names. He deals with the Thyroid & is fully on top of that area & it’s crucial to one’s immune system.
    So it’s not so simple for some of us to just take AP only – but to know what is preventing or blocking AP from working fully so we can then get the full bang for our dollar with AP.
    best-
    Jill

Suzanne
    Participant

Update:

Joe Graedon of The People’s Pharmacy is now an “AP for asthma” success story:
    http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2014/05/01/how-i-overcame-asthma-that-would-not-quit-by-joe-graedon/

Now others are sharing their success:
    http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2014/06/16/antibiotic-treatment-is-easing-asthma-symptoms-that-did-not-respond-to-steroid-inhalers/

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Anonymous
    Participant

I was diagnosed RA and asthma same month. After years I think that my asthma is due to the medications like Naprosyn and Methotraxate and also due to low iron. I have noticed that when my iron is very low my asthma is worse. When my iron is high asthma nearly disappears. Unfortunately whatever I try I get low iron again and again.
    Linda L.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.