Home Forums General Discussion AP Dr referral for CT, MA or NY area

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Amywilliams
    Participant

I have been referred to a Dr in CT back in 2015 to do the AP protocol. It started off well, and about a year therapy, RA started to flare. I was taken off the therapy(assumed it wasn’t working) to explore mold and other things. While I tested positive for mycotoxins, the treatment for it did nothing after two years. Unfortunately,I have multiple joint deformities from 2017- now. I still believe the AP protocol can work for me to some extent, I think i just need to see someone more expert in the therapy itself. I was unable to use the dr referral on your website- could you please refer me to someone in CT, MA or NY. Thx!

Amy-CT

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Amy,

I’m in CT and happy to try to help. It’s possible we see the same doc?

How far are you able to travel further afield? E.g., the most experienced AP doc is a rheumatologist in Riverside, CA. CT has a dearth of actual AP docs and LLMDs are my pick for a go-to, but yours may not be. I’ll private message you with the state lists you requested. We can’t give actual referrals, tho…just pass along doc lists that have grown over the years with patient feedback.

Also, is it possible you were taking a generic brand of mino that didn’t work for you? There has been a lot of that in recent years. Were you checked for drug-induced lupus?

Amywilliams
    Participant

The SLE and AIH have not really been an issue for me, just the RA. I think it’s very probable that the mino changed, and I saw a decline. What a shame Dr. M didn’t clue in on this. My case became very complicated after that and I don’t think he really had the time to figure me out. Since then, I have poured out tens of thousands of dollars trying different therapies. Every time I pay $600 to talk to a doc, I get, “well, let’s try this…”. I’m beginning to think there may be no one left. I will have to keep looking- thank you, so much, for your help!

Amy-CT

Maz
    Keymaster

Amy, it might help you to talk with Cheryl F. If you PM her, I’m sure she’d be able to speak to the AIH thing. Her hubby had RA and also suffered from AIH. He’s had quite a journey, but has done very well on various antibiotics, which she could outline for you. She lives in CA and can also tell you more about Dr. F, if interested.

Amywilliams
    Participant

Thank you- I will follow up on this

Amy-CT

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.