Home Forums General Discussion AP docs in Minnesota and root canals

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AnnieS
    Participant

Hello. I am new to the forum. I’ve had difficulty getting names from the doctor list site. Can someone recommend an AP doc in Minnesota? I just moved from Colorado to South Dakota. Maz sent the name of one in Sioux Falls, but I don’t think she is available. I think Minneapolis is driveable. Also, could someone tell me the names of the 3 top docs that are listed together as one choice on the list? Regarding my health, I have several autoimmune issues.I am considering having my 3 root canals removed. My holistic dentist thinks they might be causing the problems. One RC is definitely infected. I hate to lose teeth at 48, but no tooth is worth my health. Has anyone else had issues with root canals causing autoimmune problems? Did you have them extracted? Any improvement? Do you think AP will help if I start it before removing the teeth or should I wait until they’re out? I appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Luck20
    Participant

I don’t know about Minn, but if your willing to drive a few hours east of Minneapolis, I’d highly recommend my doctor. I know thats really far, but its an option. Hes alternative med, but also real md and a researcher. He is worth the trip. Message me if you’d like more details.

Good luck

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Maz
    Keymaster

Maz sent the name of one in Sioux Falls, but I don’t think she is available

Hi Annie,

There is an occasional forum user who sees the AP doc in Sioux Falls so pretty sure she is available. It’s just that I understand she works in different offices within the same group, so you might need to track her down to make an appt on any particular day in a specific office. The lady who sees this doc has scleroderma and loves her and says she offers both oral and IV antibiotics.

Do you still need any further state lists? Just reply to me via PM, if so, and I will be sure to see it.

leerobert
    Participant

Hi Annie,

My husband sees Dr. K in Woodbury, MN near the cities. He has a closed practice but agreed to see us 1 year ago, so he might consider your case also – worth a try! We both really like him and he is very easy to work with via the portal for communication/medication adjustments, etc. About an 8 hour drive for us – we live in ND. If you didn’t get his contact info already, private message me and I will send it to you.

RA diagnosis 2015 - positive anti-CCP. Currently Clarithromycin 500 mg daily; Turmeric supplement; probiotic; fish oil; vitamin D3; MSM. Minocycline therapy from 2015-2017 until developing sensitivities. Gluten free and dairy free diet. Severe dairy intolerance. Tested positive for M. pneumoniae igG

Spiffy1

You are in a tight spot figuring out what to do. I wonder what would happen if you got rid of the worst offender and see how you improved or not? Maybe talk to your doctor about his thoughts on this? If you even get marginally better it might build your confidence in losing the other two. Or if you have two right together maybe go ahead and get rid of both since you are already there. My question for you is this: What will you do afterwards? Will you get implants? Then you will have to study whether you want titanium posts or all zirconium. Titanium is easier to work with I am told and has a longer history of success. I have also read though that the titanium does have a tiny bit of nickel in it and that if you are allergic to nickel it might not be good for you. The zirconium is not as easy to get the angle right but people with allergies sometimes do better with it. There is not a long enough track history to know if they will last as long as the titanium. Most dentists gravitate to titanium still. However when I am faced with this….which I will be…..I have two root canals….I just don’t know what I will do. I have heard of doctors pulling the teeth and placing the implant in the same day. As awful as that sounds at least you get a big part of it overwith. As a layperson it makes sense to me that this could work. If you think about it, wouldn’t it be great for that area to heal around that implant and get strong together instead of letting it heal and then traumatizing the area again? But this is just crazy ol me talking. I usually am thinking outside the box. What I wish is that we would have all gotten a new set of teeth at 35. I certainly would have gone through the teething stage in a heartbeat to get rid of all my dentists’ past mistakes.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.