Home Forums General Discussion Anyone heard from Casey?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Key Pounds
    Participant

Hey Casey, 

just wondering how you are?

Blessings

Key

lauram
    Participant

Wondering the same thing…..

casey
    Participant

Hi Friends!

Its so nice to see i am missed!!!

Well, i have been outside playing road hockey with my son over the march break getting covered in mud and mucky slush down my bra and it was great. We took the lupus , the MCTD and what ever other pathogens we have ,invited them outside and just played …in the sun too!  We went to the arena and he skated 2 days this week, we went shopping and bought goalie equipment to play outside and we ordered a gluten free pizza from a pizza place that has a gluten free menu.

I decided these crappy diseases were ruling me to the point that i wasnt living anymore, which was doing nothing for my son as he is full of energy and feels good. And when my hubby sat me down …again the other day and said… ” We are here today…we are fine today.., we have done all we can and we need to live. Your going to die from stress early , not the disease and we need you.You are not living anymore.”

That was it for feeling sorry and scared (for the moment). We even slipped abit on this stupid 4 day rotational diet (no gluten though), ate a 70% cocoa chocolate bar and had some potato chips and enjoyed every minute of it. AND we are not dead yet because of it!!

I know this wont last as i often revert to my future worries with everything . Its like  a death sentence never knowing when the death penalty day hits. I hate it but i have to say i have enjoyed the “living” this week .

How are you ladies?

Key , I am so sorry but i couldnt help laughing about the “maxipads” as insoles. And then you just had to add that they are truly only good for one thing. You made me laugh and laughing for me is hard to come by. Are you better these last few days? I meant to get back to you but i just put these ” diseases” aside for a few days . I will pm you on Monday when my son goes back to school. Hope you are ok!

Laura,

I hope you are doing well and i thank you for your support and the message you sent me. How is that tooth, has it been dealt with yet? i will talk to you monday too.

Gotta go play and am so thankful for people like you . You guys are truly a blessing!

Casey

lauram
    Participant

Maxi pads? :roll-laugh:

My feet are hurting, too.:X After months and months of not hurting. I'll try the peroxide soak tonight.

Casey! Good for you. Playing with your son. i love that. 

The tooth is getting better. less infection there. Will go back in a few weeks and see if it is completely gone.

Take care. i think you're doing great. You're a brave woman.

love ya

Michele
    Participant

Casey,

I'm glad to hear you are out living life now! I need that same lecture, it's a good one! Your hubby's a good man!

Nice to see your words on the board, too!

Michele

Anonymous
    Participant

Key,

My name is Brandi and I am in Lubbock.  I was wondering who your Doc is?  My Dr (kevin Funk) las left his practice after 15 years and I am now looking for a someone who know something about Lupus.  I am in a flare and the Dr we are seeing is not too sure about refilling my Minocycline!:?

Key Pounds
    Participant

Hey Brandi!

Glad to know someone here in Lubbock is on the board!!!

I will PM you with my doc's info.

Blessings

Key

kate9898
    Participant

Hi,

I am from Lubbock and was wondering if you had found a Dr. who beleives in Antibiotic.  The Dr. i am going to says it is not a option.

Thanking you in advance.

God Bless,

Kathy

Parisa
    Participant

Casey,

I've always been someone who did alot of planning for the future.  I have definitely had to learn to live in the moment.  I slip up sometimes but do really try and not worry about the future and just enjoy the day.  Glad you had some fun!

Kim
    Participant

[user=1411]kate9898[/user] wrote:

Hi,

I am from Lubbock and was wondering if you had found a Dr. who beleives in Antibiotic.  The Dr. i am going to says it is not a option.

Thanking you in advance.

God Bless,

Kathy

Hi Kathy and welcome. 🙂

I sent you a list of our AP doctors for Texas in a Private Message.  To retrieve it, click on “1 new message” at the top right of this page.  Hope this helps.

kim

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ Anyone heard from Casey?’ is closed to new replies.