Home Forums General Discussion Anyone having Sun sensitivity taking Minocycline???

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    RevereRosie
    Participant

@Woods1977 wrote:

Hey there RevereRosie,

I live in Michigan and my ethnic background is Irish/German/Spanish. During the summer months I spend every weekend on my boat, weather permitting. Like most people I get an initial burn at the beginning of the season, but once I

A Friend
    Participant

@RevereRosie wrote:

I live in Florida, and my pool has turned into my best friend to exercise but the label on my medication of Minocycline says to avoid the sun. I do lather up really good and I do my exercise routine within 15 min. I’m and and out of the pool in a flash. I try to go in the pool late in the day when the sun is down. The pool helps me alot.

I stopped going to the gym as I was a member of the Silver Sneakers Classes but it was too painful for for me to do an hour of aerobics.

I was just wondering if anyone was has had a problem with the sun and Minocycline?

RRosie,
    I’ve heard over the years about those who have had reactions to the sun while taking Minocin/minocycline. I stayed out of the sun for any extended time. Sounds to me (a lay person) that the small amount of time you spend in the sun could just possibly be a real blessing — even with a lot of bare skin — to make sure you get adequate natural Vitamin D which your body can make from just 20 to 30 minutes of sun exposure… and this type vitamin D is beneficial because the body will only convert into Vitamin D the amount the body needs.

A by-product of Minocin when I first began taking it back in 1997 was that my teeth began showing some darkening (somewhat like tartar). But, I learned almost immediately that this was caused by “die-off” of organisms being addressed by the Minocin/minocycline. The good news here is that this will come off easily when your dental hygienist cleans your teeth. I began scheduling my cleaning visits a bit more often, and the problem was pretty much solved — PLUS this was showing evidence that Minocin was working. ( I also have read that some on Minocin can develop dark blotches on the skin; so be watchful to see if this begins to happen.)

Something that can be very helpful for our teeth/gums in general — and for the above kind of die-off on our teeth in particular — would be to make your own toothpaste (very simple; just takes several minutes, will address organisms in the mouth… and will come back and edit and add the ingredients). The xylitol and coconut oil and other ingredients in the toothpaste are good for us and excellent for addressing organisms in the mouth and in the skin and roots of our teeth. Not only as a toothpaste, but putting a tablespoon of a high quality coconut oil in foods or a hot drink with a bit of Kal brand powdered stevia (and I add a Coconut Milk flavored creamer from my health store refrigerated section which lasts a long time) which tastes like a “treat” instead of a treatment!

EDIT/ADDED:
    Also an interesting link below:
    Dental Toothpaste homemade with Xylitol, etc.
    http://holisticsandiegodentist.com/san-diego/homemade-toothpaste-recipe/
    Homemade Toothpaste Recipe
    By San.Diego.Dentist on Friday, November 1st, 2013 | No Comments
    The Best Toothpaste is Fluoride Free And Chemical Free Too
    The Best Toothpaste Is Homemade Toothpaste

Below is information AF has “excerpted” and “bulleted” for easy reading:

To make your own homemade toothpaste, simply purchase the following ingredients:

RevereRosie
    Participant

To A Friend, AF:

Thank you so much for all the information. I did notice some dark spots on my teeth. Caught it in time as I recently had an appt. for a dental cleaning.

I appreciate the time you took to send me all this. I recently read rave reviews about coconut oil. Thank you for your input regarding the sun.

I have copied all the ingredients you provided to make my own toothpaste.

I’m just praying that the pain will go away soon. My wrist and arms hurt so bad. It is interferring with my quality of life just trying to do simple things like clean my house and prepare my meals. I’m trying to be patient as I was read it will get better.
    17 days on the Mino now, twice a day, every day, 100 mg. It is even hard to get comfortable in bed trying to sleep.

Do you think it will be much longer to wait for some relief?

You’re the best! Thank you again. Rosie

A Friend
    Participant

@RevereRosie wrote:

To A Friend, AF:
    …..I’m just praying that the pain will go away soon. My wrist and arms hurt so bad. It is interferring with my quality of life just trying to do simple things like clean my house and prepare my meals. I’m trying to be patient as I was read it will get better….17 days on the Mino now, twice a day, every day, 100 mg. It is even hard to get comfortable in bed trying to sleep.
    …Do you think it will be much longer to wait for some relief?
    Rosie

Rosie, since you’ve been ill for some time, my best guess (and to me a “no brainer”) is that your body has become very acidic and painful, an unhealthy state and very deficient in needed magnesium. A very good kind of magnesium to use, I learned in Dr. Sherry Rogers’ books, is MagChlor from Pain & Stress Center in San Antonio. You can do a search and read about it on the site.

There are so many posts in the archives of the Bulletin Board. If you would like, you can click on “General Discussion” at the top of the page. It will take you to a little search window. You can type in words such as “pH balance and magnesium” or “pH testing”. Ignore anything and anyone who tells you there is nothing to this. It is simply not true. Illness cannot exist in a pH balanced body; and Wellness cannot be achieved in an overly acidic body. Our blood pH MUST remain in an exact small range, or we die — so the body in its wisdom steals minerals/magnesium to keep the blood pH where it MUST be, and the body can suffer eventually if it never gets repaid!!! If you happen to “hit” a post with information about Dr. Mildred Seelig’s online book, which you can actually do searches inside it online (it’s easy and tells you simply how to do that): “Magnesium in the Pathogenesis of Disease.”

If you don’t find posts/links you are happy with, I can copy and paste some from my Word documents and paste them into a Private Message to you.

If you get your pH in a good range, I believe this will help you very much in addressing your ongoing pain. For a time, determine which foods are alkaline and which are highly acidic, and eat a larger amount from the alkaline group.

Also, sometimes some patients — when pain becomes overbearing — drop back to one Minocin daily until the pain lets up. This is not thought of as harmful… and may be helpful early in treatment when so many organisms are dying and making us more acidic, because we can then continue on AP and not be in as much pain. If you are not taking something to support the liver, you might read about Milk Thistle/Silymarin.

A former AP physician of mine (when I first told him how acidic my pH measured) said to me that he did not believe that was my problem. But, if it was, if I would take 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (Arm & Hammer type) dissolved in a glass of water (drunk well away from eating and taking medications) every waking hour for two days, if acidosis was my problem, the pain would go away. After two days, the fascia pain had virtually gone, but the bone pain (while better) was still there. I made an “executive decision…lol” to do this another day. At the end of the 3rd day, the pain had gone!!! I knew then that I indeed had acidosis. I began learning everything I could about this. And Dr. Sherry Rogers’ suggestion in her book was to get MagChlor90 and use it according to directions.

I’m sure there are many posts on this same experience and subject you can do a search for.

Let me know if you have trouble finding them.

Best,
    AF

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.