Home Forums General Discussion Anyone having Sun sensitivity taking Minocycline???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    RevereRosie
    Participant

I live in Florida, and my pool has turned into my best friend to exercise but the label on my medication of Minocycline says to avoid the sun. I do lather up really good and I do my exercise routine within 15 min. I’m and and out of the pool in a flash. I try to go in the pool late in the day when the sun is down. The pool helps me alot.

I stopped going to the gym as I was a member of the Silver Sneakers Classes but it was too painful for for me to do an hour of aerobics.

I was just wondering if anyone was has had a problem with the sun and Minocycline?

richie
    Participant

Hi I have the same warning label –never a problem but I do understand folks can burn much easier –
    richie

Grace
    Participant

My daughter is taking 100 mg once a day and against my wishes actually goes to the beach to be with friends! Has not had a problem, but uses her sunscreen, and she takes astaxathin. This may be what helps, but for HER, this combo seems to be working. Also, she got a lot of relief by changing her diet. No wheat, no meat and no dairy. This diet is sooo hard to stick to but she has seen big change in pain and swelling. It’s basically vegan diet without wheat too. Sigh. Again, everyone is different and what helps one may do nothing for another. Hope you find what works for you.

prioris
    Participant

I am not on minocin yet but plan to.

I live in Florida. I go to the pool 3 or more times a week usually for maybe 75 minutes. I am fair skin and have a tan. I have never used sun screen.

When I started to use astaxanthin, I notice it protected my skin more. I use to turn much darker. I take it also because of fish oil oxidization which causes aging and brain damage. I take 8 mg per day.

It’s good to hear that at least some aren’t having a problem. i was wondering about that.

richie
    Participant

What was your experience when you used minocin in the past
    richie

RevereRosie
    Participant

@richie wrote:

What was your experience when you used minocin in the past
    richie

I’ve only been on Minocycline for 12 days and I do have sensitive skin. I was concerned about the “Avoid Sun” on the label. Living in Florida, hard to avoid the sun. However, like I previously mentioned, I’m not a sun bather but exercising in the pool is so much easier on the body than my previous Silver Sneakers gym classes.

lemons
    Participant

prioris
    Participant

Florida police are looking for people who are not wearing their seat belts. Buckle up when you enter the state.

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

Florida police are looking for people who are not wearing their seat belts. Buckle up when you enter the state.

This is not an appropriate forum for this kind of post. As repeatedly requested, please adhere to forum guidelines.
    RBFV

richie
    Participant

Hi I think the problem lies with folks who are sensitive to the sun without taking a tetracycline –I think tetracyclines heighten and increase this sensitivity —
    richie

RevereRosie
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi I think the problem lies with folks who are sensitive to the sun without taking a tetracycline –I think tetracyclines heighten and increase this sensitivity —
    richie

Thank you for your input Ritchie.

RevereRosie
    Participant

@prioris wrote:

This reponse does not have anything to do with my question!!!!!

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Hi Rosie. I have been on mino close to 7 years now and have not had any issues with sun sensitivity. I am not a sunbather, but I do lots of outdoor activities including biking and gardening and much walking. It is not a problem for everyone. You will have to see how you react. Good luck!

Bonnie

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

RevereRosie
    Participant

@bonnielou wrote:

Hi Rosie. I have been on mino close to 7 years now and have not had any issues with sun sensitivity. I am not a sunbather, but I do lots of outdoor activities including biking and gardening and much walking. It is not a problem for everyone. You will have to see how you react. Good luck!

Bonnie

I appreciate your input Bonnie! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. Rosie

Woods1977
    Participant

Hey there RevereRosie,

I live in Michigan and my ethnic background is Irish/German/Spanish. During the summer months I spend every weekend on my boat, weather permitting. Like most people I get an initial burn at the beginning of the season, but once I

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.