Home Forums General Discussion anybody familiar with Alinia (Nitazoxanide)?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    superperroRA
    Participant

This medicine is supposed to be an anti-protozoal that can cure Babesia and bust Lyme-cysts, yet it has fewer side-effects than Flagyl. For those who have RA & Lyme, I would think taking a course of Alinia, together with minocin (and maybe a bit of zithromax for good measure), would cover all the bases.

Has anybody here used Alinia, or heard of someone who has, for Lyme/Babesia? Maz, and Susan Lyme/RA (the horse lover), have your LLMDs mentioned this med?

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi SP,

Haven't heard of it before, but did some searching and found it's commonly used for children and a few good reports on Lyme BB's of Lymies who have used it for babs and as a cyst-buster…which would mean it likely has fewer side-effects than Flagyl and is better tolerated. Apparently, it causes very yellow urine and is also excreted via bile and faeces, which would like mean yellow-tinged poop, too. :blush:

Sounds like a good alternative to Flagyl. I was going to ask my LLMD if I could incorporate a Flaygl pulse in my protocol at my next visit. Alinia sounds like a nice alternative, though, so will ask him about this.

Thanks for the heads up. Are you thinking of pulse dosing this or taking it daily?

Peace, Maz

superperroRA
    Participant

Are you thinking of pulse dosing this or taking it daily?

Don't know. Just learned about it an hour ago;).
    I''ll be very interested in hearing what your Dr. thinks about it.
    Note that it is very commonly used and cheap in South America

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ anybody familiar with Alinia (Nitazoxanide)?’ is closed to new replies.