Home Forums General Discussion antibiotic use with leaky gut

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ellie6
    Participant

If you have leaky gut is there a safe way to take antibiotics without doing more damage?

JohnnyMax
    Participant

As part of your protocol for any rheumatic issue, you should have a program to address “leaky gut” since everyone with this type of illness has a “leaky gut”. It is true, antibiotics cause further intestinal permeability, to say nothing about the use of NSAIDS. A good program to heal the gut would consists of L-Glutamine, N-Acetyl-Glucosamine and Zinc Carnosine. All of these help to rebuild the gut lining. The last item, Zinc Carnosine was used in a study with NSAIDS, and was shown to negate the gut breakdown caused by them, so this would certainly do the same for the use of Antibiotics.

A good diet, such as GAPS would be very important also, and be sure to incorporate their recipes for “Bone Broth”, the gelatinous broth contains the important nutrients that heal the gut also, maybe more so than the supplements. Put the entire package together and they will speed up healing of the gut and subsequently also lessen your rheumatic issues, since without intestinal permeability you cannot have these type of issues. Good Luck.

John

Krys
    Participant

Excellent post, John! And you’ve even managed to make it short. Wow!
    Krys

ellie6
    Participant

Thanks John! On another site people have been saying to stay away from l glutamine as it can cause neuro issues??? I just started on it a few days ago and I am experiencing headaches right after drinking it. I’m only doing 1/4 of a teaspoon. I will look into the other supps you mentioned as well as GAPS. I had just started the Paleo autoimmune and digestive health diet. I will have to compare them. Unfortunately last night I was forced to take motrin. The back was so severe I needed something to bring down inflammation. I hope I did not harm my gut too much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.