Home Forums General Discussion Antibiotic Protocol works and I have the labs to prove it

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    mkbeeliever
    Participant

Hip Hip Hurray!
    Hip Hip Hurray!
    Hip Hip Hurray!

So happy to hear this great news!

Blessings,

Michelle
    Writing to you from icy, snowed In North Georgia, USA!
    Snowpocalypse 2011
    πŸ˜†

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

HE HE HE Michou,you must come up to Montreal to learn how to really shovel snow.You have been very quiet lately.How is mom?

mkbeeliever
    Participant

@Lynne G./SD wrote:

HE HE HE Michou,you must come up to Montreal to learn how to really shovel snow.You have been very quiet lately.How is mom?

APOLOGIES FOR HI-JACKING THIS THREAD IN ADVANCE!!!

LOL! Georgia is NOT prepared for this weather. Our schools closed again tomorrow. No one has gone to work either. Mom had to go to dialysis on Sunday. They say they will be open tomorrow at noon but honestly don’t know how we’ll get her there. Its dropping into the teens tonight and what melted will freeze again. Its a mess. One of our major highways was shut down for 24 hrs.

My mom is doing good! We are waiting for her Lyme test to come back. Plus, we have just had a lot going on. Had family in town this weekend – they came to pick up my Gram who was with us since the beginning of December. It’s one thing to take care of my mom, but throw in a high maintenance 88 year old Gram and the holidays and trying to work, there is not enough time in my day. I have been tired. But I’m trying my best to bounce back. Things are kinda getting back to normal.

We had a scare with my dad on Friday. He’s been struggling with his blood sugar. In October he went into a low sugar coma. Paramedics had to be called to his work. Friday the paramedics were here at our house! My dad had a doctor’s appt. at 3:00, called me afterward and said he was going to Walgreen’s to fill some prescriptions and I needed to take mom and gram to get their hair done. After that we’d meet for dinner. I was to call him when we were done at the salon. I kept calling him on all his phones and the house phone to let him know we were done and he could leave to meet us at the restaurant. I could not get a hold of him. So, instead of going to the restaurant, I drove home. When I pulled in to our alley, I saw his car was in the drive way running. I got out, found him in a diabetic coma with the doors locked. He was there for over an hour once we put two and two together. His sugar started to go low when he was in Walgreen’s. He doesn’t remember leaving Walgreen’s or driving home. He had his foot on the brake and had not put the car into park. So, the doors were locked. I kept banging on the window, screaming at him to open the doors. I finally called 911. At one point he was looking at me but totally unresponsive. I kept screaming and shaking the car to get him to wake but nothing helped. Fire truck and paramedics finally came and got in the car. They started working on him and immediately hooked him up to IVs and he came out of it. We thought we lost him.

He is trying to get a continuous glucose monitor but of course, BCBS will not approve it. He’s got his appeal in but we’ve not heard anything yet. My brother Chris said that he’ll buy this monitor for my dad. We’ve got to get it – or my dad will die. Its just a mess. My father is on an insulin pump but for some reason his sugars are going wacky. He’s been to the “pump” lady at the hospital, got a new pump…we’re thinking this one’s a lemon. We’ve got to get something worked out soon. He’s going to die and possibly kill someone else if it happens and he’s behind the wheel. His episodes come on so quick that by the time he know’s he’s low he can’t think to get some glucose tablets or candy or juice to get the sugar up. So, keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I’m a mess but this too shall pass. I keep having flash backs, seeing his face and re-living the whole thing.

xxoo
    Michou

Kim
    Participant

Oh, Michelle, what a horrific event! I am so sorry this happened and am sending best wishes that you can rattle some cages to make sure this never happens again. If anyone can do this, you can!

Be strong!

Take care…..kim

maz.aust
    Participant

First of all … Congrat’s Redrock .. you must be stoked with your results !!! way to go πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

2nd —
    Michelle my heart goes out to you & yours ,, I lost a good friend last year due to diabetes so I know how worried you must be, hope you get some relief soon, will keep you in my thoughts until this crisis is over !!!

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

mkbeeliever
    Participant

@maz.aust wrote:

First of all … Congrat’s Redrock .. you must be stoked with your results !!! way to go πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

2nd —
    Michelle my heart goes out to you & yours ,, I lost a good friend last year due to diabetes so I know how worried you must be, hope you get some relief soon, will keep you in my thoughts until this crisis is over !!!

Thanks Maz! How are you doing? Flooding affecting you?
    Just terrible. The scenes on the news are just heart-wrenching!

xxoo
    Michelle

maz.aust
    Participant

Hey Mish,,,

I am aok — we live in Victoria (down the bottom right corner of Australia) so am around 1000k’s away from any flood areas, & 2000k’s south of Brisbane — although we are getting heavy rains & are expecting the rivers to rise even more when the water eventually comes down to our little area of Australia. As for the news broadcasts – yes it is terrible, some people have already lost everything & now there are problems up in Qld with insurances, not everyone is covered for ‘flood’ because of the 1974 floods that hit Brisbane when the insurance companies took a big hit with claims. I know there are lots of offers from overseas to send stuff to help but sometimes it is better to just handle it yourself when we have all the equipment & resources to to that, if Australians need a hand we are not backward at asking for it! I think the saddest thing I heard was a family who lost their 4 yr old son who was swept out of the rescue boat, don’t know I would be able to cope with that one. Isn’t it true when you think of ‘it’s just their time, or it’s just not their time’; I am afraid I am a bit of a fatalist at times, fate is something we don’t have any control over.

You be good, glad your mum is ok, am sure your dad will be fine & am sending you a little of our sunshine to brighten your day!

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Oh Michou;
    You must have been so scared.I just hate those self locking doors that are in cars.My van is the same and I always try to remember to unlock then once I start driving.If ever there was an accident it would be impossible for anyone to rescue you.Can you imagine going off the road into a river? One’s goose would be cooked.
    How is your dad doing now? Did you know that they now suspect diabetes is an other immune disease caused by micoplasma? I wonder if AP along with diet would work.It’s not bad enough that you have to care for your mom but now you have to watch your dad’s diet like a hawk.Can you get him to work out at a gym.Weight training would likely be the best thing is the world for him…..I mean SERIOUS weight training .and not sitting on a bike or other such equipmentIt is really hard to get older people to try something like this so good luck.Wish I lived nearby to give you a hand.
    I saw the news last night and the weather in your area looked just awful.Wet snow packing into ice is really dangerous.Weather everywhere but here is terrible.We have had so little snow that the ski hills are closed except for those that have the big snow guns.Only about 2 inches of the stuff on the ground here but we do have ferociously cold winds and temp of roughly 15F degrees that feel more like -15. Has the ice started to melt yet?
    XXXXX

redrock
    Participant

I have posted an update to my progress here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5976

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Good news!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.