Home Forums General Discussion Anti-fibrotic Peptide therapy in Scleroderma a Norwestern University Study

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Vincentpre23
    Participant

HI all,

I came across an interesting study on the use of peptides to modulate the fibrotic process in Scleroderma. I do not have a medical background and I would be interested in reading other peoples thoughts on this. I have noticed that in many who suffer from this condition there seems to be a loss of subcutaneous fat . I have noticed this in myself and although my weight has been stable the fat over my knuckles and face have been decreasing. I wanted to understand this process better and see if anything could be done about it. What I found were some very interesting things. First that according to the people involved in this study they feel strongly that there is a link between the fibrotic process in Scleroderma an the loss of Adiponectin ( adipose fat). I also discovered that adipose fat may play a role in regulation of body temperature and in endocrine regulation which have been affected in my case. Below you will find just a few sentences of the study I will link to this post .

“We therefore sought to characterize adiponectin pathway activity in SSc, and determine the role and mechanism of action of adiponectin in mouse models of fibrosis. Using genetic and pharmacologic approaches, we show that adiponectin acts as an endogenous anti-fibrotic mediator that is down-regulated in SSc. Loss of adiponectin signaling exacerbates, while augmenting it mitigates, skin fibrosis in mice. Moreover, synthetic peptides targeting AdipoR have potent anti-fibrotic effects in vitro and in vivo. Taken together, these findings implicate adiponectin deficiency as a pathogenic driver of persistent skin fibrosis, and provide evidence that restoring adiponectin signaling may represent a promising novel therapeutic strategy for mitigating fibrosis in SSc.”

Using peptide ADP355 to regulate and produce more adipose fat they were able to halt and even reverse the skin fibrosis in Scleroderma in mouse models. They go as far as to say that when you restore the adipose fat it has the potential to protect internal organs from fibrosis and that chronic supplementation with this peptide is safe .

There has been a trend in the alternative and functional medicine world on the use of peptides for some time now and peptide therapy is being offered. I believe there are around 60 peptides approved by the FDA but there are some 7,000 peptides that are out there. Right now there is a gray area as far as regulation goes and unless a pharm company patents a peptide I don’t think all these others will be regulated any time soon. . The actual peptide could be bought from a U.S pharmaceutical company I believe without a prescription. I do not know how valid this pharmaceutical company is but its good to know that doctors could order it if its readily available.

I will be calling a few doctors that are offering peptide therapy and ask them about ADP355. I would provide them this study and see if it is something that we could try. Again, many doctors are now using peptides to treat a range of disorders from autoimmune to cancer to anti aging. From the little that I know about peptides my understanding is that you are not introducing anything foreign to your body but you are modulating its signaling pathways . If anybody has the time or interest please read the study that I will link to this post. The authors have published other related papers on the subject and I think personally if we can stop the fibrotic signaling pathway through natural modulation while attacking the microbial root cause with antibiotic therapy we would have better outcomes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5493638/

Vin

4/19 symptoms onset
    UCTD , 1:40 ANA Speckled, Now negative
    Mycoplasma P IGG IGM, EBV, HSV1, Igenix Bartonella IGG
    Doxycycline 100mg b.i.d. , Bactrim ds 960 mg b.i.d. , Biodisrupt, fluconazole 100mg q.d , Monolauren, Visbiome probiotic 112.5b b.i.d ,B-complex, Vitamin D , Quercetin, saccharomyces boulardii, raw garlic , paleo, WHM

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.