Home Forums General Discussion An update/Good News

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GayG
    Participant

Good morning! I'm finally completely over the fiasco caused by that horrible upper respiratory infection…..some of my posts during that time weren't very positive since I was having increased pain and felt weak and terrible (thanks to all of you that gave me advice to get me through that)…BUT now I can post some good news….I'm fully recovered from that and continue to get better!  I take cellcept and mino twice a day. I went back to accupuncture and I go to a chiropractor and massage therapist (usually on the same day as my accupuncture appt.).  When I get accupuncture now it relaxes me so much it's almost like being put into a “twilight sleep”…whatever all of this does I feel like I could run two miles after those appts…..ANYWAY, I noticed a few days ago that I don't need to take pain medication…I can really get by w/o it but take one dose if I'm going out just in case.  I also can get out of bed in the morning and fix my breakfast, move around, get ready, do whatever I need to do w/o breaking out is a cold sweat and try to pass out or get weak and have to stop and sit down, that was improving before I got the URI but it's even better now…..the mornings were my worst time of the day and that is SO, SO much better.  There has been no new skin involvement in quite a few months now, that seems to have stopped, thank God…..I had an appt. with Dr. K. in Lufkin yesterday and she said I was doing very well and she felt that I would continue to improve.

I haven't traveled for work or pleasure in almost a year SO I'm doing well enough and feel well enough now that we're going to New York City in March and I feel good enough that I'm not worried about not being able to enjoy that trip……This is huge for me because not being able to travel has been a huge change in my life and being able to get back to it is a huge milestone, especially since I know that w/o this treatment that I don't belive that I would be travelling anywhere right now….I'm hopeful that within the coming months that I'll start seeing some reversal of the skin involvement and when that starts to happen I'll definitely post about that…..it may have already started and it's just subtle…..I can still put on my own socks and I can tie my shoes with a lot less trouble than before…..Will keep posting my progress because I know there is more to come….Blessings! Gay   😎

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Fantastic news Gay!

an.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

Fantastic news Gay!

an.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

To Gay:

That is wonderful to hear.  Enjoy NYC, I Love NY!

Cheryl

To Lyn:

an.jajahWrapper??? Sounds like Portable Wishwasher, HUM, you sure you're not using obscene language that is being filtered??? LOL!!!

Goodwife
    Participant

Great to read of your improvements!!! Have a Wonderful trip and continued healing to you!!!

MaryP
    Participant

Congrats on feeling better! I know bunches of folks have already said it, but for me, the longer I've been on AP, the better I feel AND look. Good things are in your future!

GayG
    Participant

Thank you!….I still have a ways to go but I'll take this improvement… I'm hoping the next thing I start seeing is some skin involvment start to regress!

linda
    Participant

I am so happy for you, another victor in the battle against pain!  :roll-laugh:  
    You know my feelings about acupuncture, it's great for pain and I remember that it did give me energy as well. I can't wait to get back to San Antone and see my pain guy again. I am trying to decide whether to see Dr. or DR. L.M. for AP.  Does Dr. K use IV abx, or just the oral? I'm pretty sure DR. LM uses IVs. Either way I'm going to have to find a doc in SA that will work with one of those 2 docs in administering the IVs as it's a 4 hr drive to Houston from SA.

BTW, Go Spurs!, First place right now, yeah baby!

GayG
    Participant

Linda, Dr. K does both oral and IV AP and yea! for the Spurs!…Gay

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ An update/Good News’ is closed to new replies.