Home Forums General Discussion Am I Herxing? Please help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Airen
    Participant

I feel just awful! I started mino watson, 100 mg MWF on July 6. These last few weeks have been terrible. I am still taking 15 mg pred and have slowly been feeling worse and worse. Please tell me this is herxing and a good sign that things are working and to stick with it. I can’t handle the thought of this not working for me. I’m in it for the long haul but need some sort of sign that this is right and working.

I’m also on oral clindamycin for an extracted infected root canal tooth. I’m sure that isn’t helping thing either. Or is it??

Words of encouragement needed. Thanks all.

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

lemons
    Participant

Hello Airen
    I was in agony on month two. Month two is still in the infancy stage of treatment .This is a very slow starting treatment , it can take five years to reach remission . In my case I reached remission very quickly and I am no longer on any medication. You have to be super strong to get through the initial hell , but believe me its worth it 😉

Airen
    Participant

Thank you so much. I know it is so early on. I can’t wait to see some results!

Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

CurlyinNC
    Participant

Hi, Airen. So sorry to hear that you’re feeling bad. What type of symptoms are you experiencing? I certainly felt worse for a month and a half, and then started to improve a bit. A few months ago I sounded just like you! I hope you feel beer soon.

Karen
    Your fellow North Carolinian

Diagnosed with RA 10/2014 with very positive anti-CCP. Rheumatoid factor was negative and continues to be negative.
    Began abx treatment 12/2014.
    Currently taking minocycline 100 mg bid M-F, diclofenac 75 mg as needed, probiotics, various other supplements.

Airen
    Participant

Hi Karen!

Just increased pain and inflammation. Increased fatigue. Swollen painful glands. Just a mess. i really hope it’s herxing and I’ll feel better soon!!

Thanks for your reply good hearing from you!

Started AP in June 2015

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Airen
    From what you describe, it is almost certainly a herx. The Clindamycin would be greatly contributing to this – it is often used as a “kick starter” in AP treatment for people with severe or longstanding disease. The only thing you need to decide is whether the inflammation is such that it might be preventing the antibiotic from reaching its target. If that’s the case, you might discuss with your doc about pulling back on the mino while you are taking the Clindamycin. Only you can decide whether it is at the level where inflammation is so great it’s counter-productive and/or pain is such that you cannot function

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Airen
    Participant

Hi Lynnie,

Thanks for your response! The clindamycin is only temporary for the infected tooth. 3 times a day for 10 days…your typical length. So I’m going to stick it out. I’m just hoping this is all herxing and a good sign that things are working and I will feel better soon!

Started AP in June 2015

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.