Home Forums General Discussion AIP Diet!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hello to all, I have been on the Auto immune protocol diet for about 3 month. Just curious if anybody else has tried it and are getting good results. I am feeling a lot better and my RA factor in my last blood work was in the normal range and my inflammation marker went from in the 20s to 2. Also my cholesterol went down from 230s to 170. Trying to deal with my leaky gut issues. I know it can take anywhere from 3 months to 2 years to get real results. Just looking for any feedback. Thanks

Chris

Ann9787
    Participant

Are you doing the antibiotic protocol?

Chris
    Participant

Yes, for around 8 years.

Spiffy1

I am curious about your normalized RA factor. You have been on AP eight years and did you keep your factor until you changed your diet? And how soon after changing your diet did it normalize? How did you know what to give up?

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Simba1992
    Participant

Hello Chris,
    I was diagnosed with RA three years ago. Right after diagnoses started the AIP diet. It worked wonders for the the first 4m then symptoms started coming back, not only this but as I didn’t understand to stop in time it really messed up my metabolism badly. It took some time for me to understand what in fact the diet had done. I am by far not the only one with a similar experience.When we have an AI disease it has been shown that our metabolism is affected in many ways one very central being the glucose metabolism where the liver being under constant stress of elevated cortisol has very little glucogen storage.The AIP diet is low carb which actually makes the situation worse even though it takes away symptoms at first. When I finally stopped I had lost way too much weight, was hypoglycemic,with very high cortisol and 0 cholesterol. We are ofcourse all different but a low carb diet for those who are chronicly ill I believe is often a bad choice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.