Home Forums General Discussion Addison’s Disease

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Woods1977
    Participant

Hey everyone…

Does anyone have any information regarding alternative treatments for Addison’s Disease? I’m having a difficult time trying to find anything. I have a family member who was recently diagnosed- they are obviously devistated. I’d like to help them if I can. Please and thanks.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Woods

Maz
    Keymaster

@Woods1977 wrote:

Hey everyone…

Does anyone have any information regarding alternative treatments for Addison’s Disease? I’m having a difficult time trying to find anything. I have a family member who was recently diagnosed- they are obviously devistated. I’d like to help them if I can. Please and thanks.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Woods

Woods, sorry you have not received any replies yet. I think it may be because the type of adrenal prob that would mostly be discussed here would be in relation to weaning from pred too quickly and the risk of adrenal crisis. Addisons is a whole different ballgame and replacement hormones would be needed to prevent any serious consequences. However, I have read about people who have improved adrenal function with diet and have been able to lower their cortisone use as a result. You could try looking in that direction as well as the person consulting a naturopath to learn about potential supportive measures. Determining cause would also help.

Sorry to hear this and must be rough for your relative and worrying for the family. Let us know how things turn out and good luck in your search for answers!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.