Home Forums General Discussion ACR 2010 Press Release

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

@Suzanne wrote:

Welcome back, Maz and Kim! Are your closets all organized? Recipes in alphabetical order? Christmas cards addressed already? What have you been doing with all this free time LOL?

Thanks, Suzanne…. ๐Ÿ˜ณ uhhhh…no…it would break tradition if I got too organized with Christmas cards (usually late!), no one would be able to find anything if I cleaned out their closets, and my Martha Stewart cooking days are very much a thing of the past! ๐Ÿ˜† Amazing how you can fill up the time with other “stuff,” though I have missed everyone here.

Hi Kim!!! Glad you got on okay, too!

Kim
    Participant
    Suzanne wrote:
    Welcome back, Maz and Kim! Are your closets all organized? Recipes in alphabetical order? Christmas cards addressed already? What have you been doing with all this free time LOL?

No, Suzanne, my closets aren’t organized, but my mother’s are. lol I’ve been down south for 4 weeks (two trips) sorting through her things and moving her to a retirement home. Then I just spent one week in Chicago for “baby therapy” with the grandchildren, so I’ve been away most of the time I couldn’t access the board.

Lots to catch up on, but how exciting to think the ACR might be coming around.

Take care……kim

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I just reread this.

thank you very much for that suzanne, i will give that to my new doctor. kind regards di. ๐Ÿ™‚

Maz
    Keymaster

@dianne-sunshinecoast wrote:

thank you very much for that suzanne, i will give that to my new doctor. kind regards di. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Di,

There has been lots of exciting research going on around the globe that is tying oral pathogens to RA. You might also like to add the following studies to the ACR one Suzanne posted to show your doctor. You’ll find these in the RBF Summer 2010 and Fall 2010 eBulletins:

Gum Disease and Cartilage Loss in Rheumatoid Arthritis

https://www.roadback.org/EmailBlasts/ebulletin_summer10.html#Gum

Australian Dentists Induce Arthritis in Animal Models with Porphyromonas gingivalis

https://www.roadback.org/EmailBlasts/ebulletin_fall10.html

If you would like to subscribe to these free quarterly eBulletins, just click on the banner at the top of this page which will take you directly to the Road Back home page. On the right side of the home page, you will find a little box to type in your email address and then just click the “Sign up” button to submit. Emails aren’t use for anything but sending out these quarterly newsletters and for the rare foundation message.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I wonder how this is going.

Parisa
    Participant

I missed this when it was posted back in November. Great find, Suzanne. It’s great that they are finally looking into infectious causes again. I wish they would consider a longer trial period of antibiotics than two months as that will probably gain them lots of herxing and no results.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Parisa-

Yes, 2 months is not very long.

Jan

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

The M.I.R.A. Study was 48 weeks.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

This is still exciting.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Good information.

Jan

any news on how things are going?kind regards ..di

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.