Home Forums General Discussion ACR 2010 Press Release

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne
    Participant

http://www.rheumatology.org/about/newsroom/2010/2010_the_body_against_itself.asp

THE BODY AGAINST ITSELF: BACTERIA INSIDE ONE'S OWN BODY LINKED TO RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS AND OTHER AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES”

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Good report.  This is about the clinical trial going on at N.Y.U.  It is being reported at the ACR Annual Meeting this week in Atlanta.

Suzanne
    Participant

Yes, and I thought there would be more excitement here about it!

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

GREAT find Suzanne! It's very exciting news. And I'm sure there will be more excitement once all the people who've been shut out are able to access the Forum again………after midday (EST U.S.) tomorrow. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Suzy
    Participant

Suzanne….this is exciting ! Thanks for posting the link. I am still digesting and researching all of this. I am feeling very positive about what they're doing even though it may not be the definitive answer but at least understanding of some nature will come out of it.

Thanks Again…Suzy

hopefulmama
    Participant

Suzanne,

Thank you so much for posting this!  I had no idea that this presentation was taking place tomorrow and it is so inspiring and wonderful!  Really lifted my night, which was a bit in the doldrums.  (I upped my antiparasite treatment today and the increase has made me exhausted and bummed out…)

I feel like we are at the start of a huge wave of change in the way autoimmunity is viewed and treated by the medical community.  Much as I wish none of us had ever needed to learn about all of this, given that we are all here now, it is really exciting to be witnessing history unfold. 

I look forward to being a success story and also to witnessing your daughter's success story!!! (and the stories of everyone else on this board :)).

Take care,
    A

Suzanne
    Participant

I'm just wishing RBF had a booth at the ACR this year!  Maybe rheums would give you a little more attention now.

Suzanne
    Participant

Here is the program book:

http://www.rheumatology.org/education/annual/2010_asm_programbook.pdf

Page 16 – the OPENING LECTURE is titled “An Infectious Etiology of Rheumatoid Arthritis”.

Old timers will appreciate what a major shift in thinking this is for the ACR.

Suzanne
    Participant

Front page of today's Daily News from the convention – chronic viruses as cause:

http://www.nxtbook.com/tristar/acr/day3_2010/index.php#/0

Maz
    Keymaster

@Suzanne wrote:

http://www.rheumatology.org/about/newsroom/2010/2010_the_body_against_itself.asp

THE BODY AGAINST ITSELF: BACTERIA INSIDE ONE’S OWN BODY LINKED TO RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS AND OTHER AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES”

Suzanne, this is exciting news and appreciate you posting this. Seems like a fresh new paradigm in thinking may be on the horizon in the field of rheumatology and this fits nicely with the fresh new look to the RBF discussion forum. My first post here, so hoping it works. 😀

hopefulmama
    Participant

Maz,

Welcome back!!! It is so good to see you back online. The new forum is beautiful! I’ll bet the RBF volunteers all put a lot of hard work into it. Thank you so much.

🙂 Andrea

Kim
    Participant

Suzanne, this is my first post after being locked out too and WOW, this is HUGE!!!!! If only the ACR had listened to Dr. Brown all those years ago.

Take care…..kim

Suzanne
    Participant

Welcome back, Maz and Kim! Are your closets all organized? Recipes in alphabetical order? Christmas cards addressed already? What have you been doing with all this free time LOL?

Here is even MORE from our new BFFs at the ACR:

http://tristarpub.com/acr2010/?p=34

“Opening lecturer will revisit century-old notion that RA is an infectious disease

IS RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS AN INFECTIOUS disease? Once upon a time, every clinician would have answered that question with a flat

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Great Opening Lecture!!!!!

Joe RA
    Participant

I would like to think,we will see more AP treatments for patients who want It . (This Is Great) Suzanne, thank you…..Joe RA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.