Home Forums General Discussion Acid Reflux from Scleroderma and taking Mino

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mountains
    Participant

Have any of you with Scleroderma felt that taking Mino made your acid reflux worse? A Doctor mentioned this could be a reason NOT to use it. Any experience or thoughts on brands, formulations or how to take it to minimize reflux are greatly appreciated!

Luck20
    Participant

Hi, hope your both doing well.

The mino I use is the pelleted version from bylowdrugs. I read good things about the pelleted version being more effective and easier on the esophagus. I only used a Walgreens generic for a few months before changing so I’m not sure if it’s a radical difference. I was very sick the first few months and I don’t remember them well.

As for reflux, mine is starting to kick up again and I’ve had some swallowing issues. I started taking the mino with another RX instead of spaced out like I used to and I suspect that’s what started it back up. I was also trying to downsize on suppliments and streamline taking meds…guess it’s best to go back to the old way. 🙁

I also started on Neo40, nitric acid for circulation and cold fingers and toes. It’s really been beneficial for me. I keep seeing my hair thicken, have more energy and just feel more like myself. But I suspect my esophagus isn’t crazy about it because it coincides with the return of reflux.

I have found some suppliments really increase reflux too. It’s just something to consider. There’s a lot of experimentation involved in this.

By the way, I only take mino with food. I cant tolerate it alone very well.

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Mountains
    Participant

Thank you Luck20 for sharing your experience. I really appreciate the details about the kind of Mino you use and thoughts on supplements. Hope you’re doing well too! 🙂

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I could never take mino on an empty stomach without suffering.Food low in iron and calcium was a must for me and no problems with reflux after that.

Mountains
    Participant

Thank you Lynne! If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of Mino do you take? Dose?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Mountains;
    I use Teva generic and it works as well as the old Lederly pelleted.I have heard that Teva in the U.S is not as good but that was a few years ago.I know you can get it from Canada and it is cheaper than in the U.S.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

OOPS,forgot to mention that I am in remission for years and only need one capsule every 2 or 3 days just enough to knock down the Interlukins and TGF-1B

Mountains
    Participant

Thank you Lynne for mentioning that last part about being in remission for years. I’m sure you remember what comments like that mean to those of us that are on the right path but need as much reassurance as possible. 🙂

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi M;
    You will eventually get to where I aam.It took ages and often I wanted to throw in the towel.2 years to get my body back,almost 4 for the hands to uncurl and 2 or 3 more to get over the odd ache and pain that would pop up every so often.HANG IN!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.