Home Forums General Discussion Acid Reflux apple cider vinegar

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    enzed
    Participant

@enzed wrote:

@richie wrote:

Hi–Having scleroderma you must approach reflux differently —scleroderma can damage the lower esophageal sphincter or commonly called “trapdoor”–if this valve is working properly it closes preventing acid from backing up –In many folks with scleroderma this trapdoor gets overgrown with collagen preventing it from closing and letting all the acid back up–Adding acid for a scleroderma patient is sure to yield damage to your esophagus over time –that is why so many people have real esophagus trouble requiring stretching or a boot inserted —A person with scleroderma MUST reduce the amount of acid in their stomach –Any doctor who is somewhat knowledgable about scleroderma will be certain to prescribe an anti-reflux med or PPI —
    richie

Thanks Richie, What you say makes sense for SD. I think I need to restart my prescription medication for reflux – I still have some. It’s called MEPRAZOL and it did work but can have a lot of side effects too. I stopped taking it when I hadn’t had reflux for a long time while on it. I got fed up with all the damned pills I have to take! But also, if I don’t eat anything acidic I rarely get reflux now anyway. So no fruit except for bananas that don’t seem to bother me at all.

I had another bout of acid reflux, so started taking prescription 20 mg daily of Meprazol again. It receded rapidly until after 3 days it was gone. Proves your point Richie, that SD acid reflux is too much acid, not too little. I am going to continue taking Meprazol at that dose for prevention, so as not to cause any more damage. It hasn’t caused any unpleasant side effects. Thanks for your help Richie.

JohnnyMax
    Participant

Hi,’

One of the other sites I visit recently had a thread on Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar, accoriding to a number of members there is something about this particular brand that has helped them. They mix 2 teaspoons in one glass of warm bottled water and drink it daily. They really rave about it. I may give it a shot, nothing chemical about this.

John

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.