Home Forums General Discussion About to start AP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dixiegirl
    Participant

My doctor suggested I take this stuff for my chronic arthritis. I’ve got some questions for you old timers! 😀 I hope some kind folks can answer as much or little as you know, wherever yall’s experience has been.
    So here we go…

About gut health:
    –I want to know how to keep my gut healthy (I already have leaky gut problems). What probiotics/supplements do you suggest?
    –When is the best time to take the probiotics so they will have the best effect? How long after or before the antibiotics?
    –Are all the probiotics killed with your next dose of antibiotics? Like, will I have no good intestinal flora? Kinda worried about this one…

About minocycline:
    –where is the cheapest place to get this stuff? it’s expensive!
    –what is the best brand? I’m confused!

About side effects:
    –I’ve heard that vit C will reduce dark blotches on the skin. What time of day is most effective for taking the vit C? With the abx?
    –What types of vit C work the best?
    –And last of all, how does the vit C reduce the dark splotches? I’m curious!!

Thank yall for your kind help!

JoAnnC68
    Participant

Dixiegirl….
    I’m new to this site…and at this time I’m not on the AP thearpy, but I hope to be on it soon.

I hope you get some answers to your questions. I’m interested in seeing what others has to say…
    I have read that there are coupons online to help get discount on minocycline. I haven’t checked it out
    yet, but I will. I am without insurance, so I’m going to save as much as I can. If you would like,
    I’ll message you if I find any coupons online.

Take Care!
    Jo Ann

Diagnosed with RA Jan 2012
    Oct 2015- RF has dropped to 19!!! Isn't that Great! ?! I'm feeling wonderful! I'm still taking Mino 2 x daily...if I don't forget!
    Oct 2014 RF has dropped to 23.1!! Taking Mino 100mg 2 x daily. No Pains & doing great!!
    Oct 2013-RF has dropped to 40.9!!! Feeling Wonderful!!
    7-17-2013 I'm going Great!! Still taking mino 100mg twice daily. No pains or Complaints!
    5-9-2013 RA Dr said I was doing good, I could stop taking prednisone since I dropped to 1/2 mg...so will

dixiegirl
    Participant

Coupons would be super awesome! I’m kinda excited about trying this, but pretty nervous at the same time. I hope I can find some answers here. I love this forum. It’s one of the main reasons I feel ok about starting the minocycline. Thanks to one and all!

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Hi Dixiegirl.

About gut health:
    –I want to know how to keep my gut healthy (I already have leaky gut problems). What probiotics/supplements do you suggest?
    –When is the best time to take the probiotics so they will have the best effect? How long after or before the antibiotics?
    –Are all the probiotics killed with your next dose of antibiotics? Like, will I have no good intestinal flora? Kinda worried about this one…

I like to mix my probiotics. I will take more than one brand, and then change up again, so I get a mix of strains in my system. I use Jarro dophilus often, and PB8 acidophilus. You can find all kinds of reviews online, and you can search on this site as well. Make sure you take some probiotics a few hours after your antibiotics. I have been on antibiotics for almost 5 years now and have had no problems with candida or intestinal issues. Pay close attention, take enough, and don’t forget them!

About minocycline:
    –where is the cheapest place to get this stuff? it’s expensive!
    –what is the best brand? I’m confused!

I don’t use the brand anymore, I have been pretty successful with the generics. You can search here for different options and opinions on that. I used to buy the minocycline from Canada, but now I get it locally.

About side effects:
    –I’ve heard that vit C will reduce dark blotches on the skin. What time of day is most effective for taking the vit C? With the abx?
    –What types of vit C work the best?
    –And last of all, how does the vit C reduce the dark splotches? I’m curious!!

Not everyone gets dark blotches from the mino. I have a little bit of blue on my legs, but that is just not a big deal to me. You might be worrying about something that won’t happen. I do use Vitamin C, and a good deal of it, but I don’t know that it makes any difference when you take it. I do not take it when I take the mino though — I take most of my supplements early in the morning, and mino mid morning, 2 hours after eating and 2 hours before eating again. Others take their mino with food if they need to.

Search through the bulletin board and you can find lots of discussions on these topics. And get well!

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.