Home Forums General Discussion A Question To Any Menopausal Ladies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

Hello Everyone.
    The menopause has kicked in big time, and I am experiencing the most horrendous hot flushes ( it’s flushes in the UK not flashes ).
    Are there any natural supplements that anyone could recommend,and that have actually worked for them ?
    It’s got to the point where my family are having to endure living in a house, in winter, with no heating on. Even the dog looks miserably cold.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

So sorry to hear Lemons. It seems like you have been struggling with this for a couple of years? (I just had a look back over some posts on this topic from 2014).

If by natural you mean over the counter sups, then no, I haven’t discovered anything that will effectively deal with hot flushes. From memory, hot flushes/sweats are caused by the lack of oestrogen. Not everyone gets them because the body still produces oestrogen at/after menopause, but amounts vary between individuals.

If it were me, I’d get some testing done and perhaps look at some bio-identical supplementation. I use bio-identical sups as part of my treatment approach to rheumatoid.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Calida
    Participant

Hi lemons!

I’m at the age when my Mom started to have symptoms of menopause but I started bioidentical estradiol and progesterone a couple of years ago when levels started to go a little wonky so I’ve been fine.

My sister-in-law had to deal with over 20 soaking flashes daily for over 5 years before she started the lowest dose of bioidentical hormones and the flashes disappeared within days. Some friends have controlled the flashes using only bioidentical progesterone because it seems to be more about balancing the estradiol-progesterone ratio than replacing diminishing hormones. Sis-in-law’s husband and pets are happy that the air conditioning no longer runs all winter 😉

Women who use bioidentical progesterone were found to have a significantly lower incidence of breast cancer than their counterparts using the synthetics (prempro, Premarin) and even lower than women using no hormone replacement at all. Here’s the results of the very large European study headed by Dr. Fournier:

http://www.byerswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/French-study-article.pdf

I’ve had that link saved for a couple of years. If it doesn’t work, I’ll dig up the PubMed version.

Best always,

Kelly

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

lemons
    Participant

Hello Kelly,
    Thanks for replying. I read the link and it does work. I’m now going to make an appointment at a clinic that specializes in natural hormone treatment, I can’t be dealing with this any longer.I took the dog out over the fields this morning. I wore a T shirt, and would’ve happily worn shorts if my legs weren’t ghost white. I wish I was a man, all they have to deal with is baldness !
    Hope you are well.
    Nancy x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.