Home Forums General Discussion 9 1/2 months…mild to moderate discoloration of enamel on teeth,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wendy
    Participant

For the past month, the discoloration of my teeth is quite visible from the minocycline. Anyone else find a solution to this….have spoken with my dentist.? In addition I am having more Raynauds episodes. Hopeful to find some calcium channel blocker the body can tolerate to move blood to the extremities. Still very weak…takes a longer time to walk upstairs or for that matter walk anywhere due to ankle and foot pain….have lost padding from feet due to scleroderma. I have felt so weak the past few weeks that I have not even been on the road back to check in or say thank you to the people who offered some suggestions. If you read this and you were One of those kind persons I will get back to you in a few more days. Thank you so much.

Systemic Scleroderma, Raynauds, Shingles 3x in right eye
    Diagnosed June 2011 on cellcept Nov. 2011 to 1st remission July 2013, relapse March 2015..cellcept to December 2015... 2nd relapse April 2016...due to possible rare side effect of cellcept..a rare corneal ulcer developed in R eye thus began minocycline May 1, 2016. Mino doseage 100mg PM, 50mg.AM daily, Levoxothyroxine 100mcg 1x a day,Tumeric capsule 450+mg 1x daily, Valium 2 1/2 mg.1x PM, magnesium 200mg 1x daily, Valtrex 500 mg.1x a day,probiotic,

kater
    Participant

Hi
    I had a huge problem with this at the beginning–I understand it is bacterial dieoff adhering to the teeth. It looked terrible and was very upsetting but my hygenist was able to remove it in 2 2 hours sessions. It was on the teeth not in the enamel. Since then it hasn’t really been an issue again. I get my teeth cleaned every 4-6 months but they don’t look grey in between time. Taking Vitamin C and K together can also help with discolouration in general. Keep up with the detoxing to help the body clear the die off. So try not to stress overly about the teeth–hope yours will be fine too. Sorry you are struggling. Keep the path as it is a long slow journey. 5 years in and I am doing well–my biggest problem is still fatigue but that is manageable.
    cheers
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Wendy
    Kate has given you a good answer re the teeth. You can also use the search box above and type in ‘tooth discoloration’ which has been discussed a number of times over the years.

So sorry you are having other problems. Are you consulting a good AP Doctor in all this? Or wonder if your Doc might be open to communicating with Dr S in Iowa re what you’re experiencing and possible next steps.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

enzed
    Participant

Hi Wendy,

I have SD and take a channel blocker called Amlodipine Maleate 10mg for Raynauds. My fingers were good for a long time but 6 months ago became swollen so the doctor prescribed Amlodipine. It worked within days to reduce the swelling by allowing the blood into the fingers. I’ve had no trouble with my fingers since. (Several years ago I was plagued with finger ulcers but that stopped after I began AP).

I too have lost padding under my feet but that was happening even before I was diagnosed with SD in 2009. After a world wide internet search to find shoes soft enough to walk in, I finally located some extremely soft sneakers. The brand is Brooks and the model is ‘Pure Cadence’. I live in Australia and was able to find this model here once I had identified they might help. (I had previously wasted a lot of money buying sneakers that I then had to throw out). These are the only shoes I can actually walk in. It was worth the search and they weren’t cheap but they are wonderful. I had previously tried on so many so-called ‘soft’ shoes / sneakers and was unable to walk in any of them. None of the other models of Brooks sneakers were any good to me – only that one model. Maybe you can find them where you live. Try them on and see if they suit. I hope they still make that model. I can walk all day in mine.

I haven’t posted on the forum for a long time as my password process kept failing,although I did keep up with reading posts from time to time.

PS: I just checked online to find there is a range of Brooks sneakers called ‘Pure Cadence’. The ones I wear look just like the women’s running shoes. Here’s the link to that page;

https://www.brooksrunning.com.au/womens-running-shoes-and-clothing

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Enzed – nice to see you.
    If you can tell me a little more about your ‘password process failing’ perhaps I can help. What message were you getting? What was different about this time that you were able to get on? You can PM me if you like. 🙂

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

enzed
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie, PM sent.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.