Home Forums General Discussion 15th Annual Scleroderma Conference – Winnipeg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jelretiredmama
    Participant

Hi all – just wanted to bring to everyone`s attention that the Scleroderma Association of Manitoba will be hosting the Scleroderma Society of Canada`s 15th Annual Scleroderma Conference in Winnipeg Sept 18th to 20th, 2014. We have some very interesting speakers lined up whom we expect will offer new hope and insight into this illness. One of them will be discussing successes with the antibiotic protocol. If you are able to travel to Winnipeg or live in the area, we hope you will attend. To Register or for more information on the speakers and program, please visit the conference pages on our website at http://www.sclerodermamanitoba.com.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hope your first conference is a great success, Jelretiredmama! Wonderful that you will also be distributing Road Back Foundation flyers/brochures to those attending. Thank you for offering to do this. 🙂

richie
    Participant

Hi I note with great interest that on Sat of the conference at 10.00 a lecture ? will be given by DR J. A. about the antibiotic protocol along with case studies —
    richie

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Richie;
    I think it’s my doctor from Ottawa that is going to talk about AP.The only problem I can see is that she does not know much about SD per se.She is an Environmental Medecine doc,that was virtually bed bound for 2 years with Chronic Fatigue and Fibro.Turned out it was Lyme.If you saw the movie Under Our Skin she is in a clip,the pretty blonde who said her doctor told her she had severe psychological problems.That is when she got mad and once she got well she left family medecine to become a holistic doc.She deals with all strange diseases,mold in houses etc etc

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I forgot to end the message to say that she is Dr. J.A.

jelretiredmama
    Participant

Hi again,

Yes, Dr. A will be discussing AP with case studies. When I met with her last fall, she told me about several cases she has been involved with. She is very thorough and I am really looking forward to her presentation.

As info, I have been in touch with her re a provocative question / proposal that I plan to ask at the medical panel Q & A on the Saturday. I plan to run a draft by her to make sure “I am on track”, without appearing to be confrontational. At the previous 2 conferences that I have attended, whenever I posed a question relative to infectious causes, I got shot down pretty fast by the rheumys. I expect this year will be different and want to take full advantage so that more patients will dig deeper into their situation and consider this approach.

Without a doubt, I believe in the infectious theory and the devastating immune dysfunction that these stealth organisms can cause. I am so thankful that I listened to my intuition and trusted my faith which led me to the Roadback — Big thank you to you all!

Please keep us in your prayers for a successful conference!

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I sure hope it goes well for you.Are you contacting Dr. A any time soon?Like I said,she does not really know anything about SD and may get shot down by the rheumies.Tell her to read the Inspire board on the SD foundation site.This is certainly where she will learn the most. http://www.sclerodermafoundation.org/inspire
    As to infection,they did a poll on what profession did you have before getting SD and there were hundreds in the medical profession,second was teachers,environmental and chemical came in much further down the line.Seems like people dealing with people of any kind were the highest

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.