Home Forums General Discussion 14-3-3 eta

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy

I just found out that Quest has had this test available for years. It is another protein found in RA and is very specific. I am just wondering why I am just learning about this. Has anyone had experience with this?

14-3-3 eta

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

It might help in solving another piece of my puzzle.

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

I have to assume that no one else is familiar with this test. I will have to ask for it my next blood draw seeing that I still consider myself hanging out in Limbo Land with no official diagnoses. I am feeling well enough that I just cancelled…again…with my rheumatologist. I am sticking with my integrative physician. She would be blowing her top with me anyway because I am doing all the things she said either did not matter or did not work. If I can ever gain perfect confidence in my re-health I may go back to her and fill her ears full and just see what happens. I daydream about that visit. Nothing would please me more.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Spiffy,

Thanks for sharing this info. This is a new diagnostic tool to me and an interesting one, because it seems it’s useful in determining joint erosive disease, but not specific to RA as it might also be used to diagnose Psoriatic Arthritis. My guess is that in combo with RF and anti-CCP, it can provide a clinical picture of disease severity. For e.g., I initially had a very high RF and Anti-CCP and my symptoms were very severe, with a good deal of inflammation, yet my disease hasn’t been as erosive as one would think. I put this own to treating the infectious cause. I’d like to learn more about this marker and what protein it measures exactly…is it a response to some random environmental antigen or is it a measure of some specific bacterial antigen? Anti-CCP, for instance, is a measure of the body’s response to citrullinated cyclic peptide, yet the infection, p. Gingivalis also causes this type of citrullination and the autoantibody can be elevated in dope with gum disease.

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/testcenter/TestDetail.action?ntc=91472

If you learn more, Spiffy, please do share!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.