Home Forums General Discussion About to start IV clindamycin – urgent questions Reply To: About to start IV clindamycin – urgent questions

A Friend
Participant

[user=324]jfr[/user] wrote:

Update:

The Clindy IVs went very well. Thanks for all the support! I was exhausted the weekend after the IVs and slept a lot. Then I felt GREAT (better than in months) 1st part of the week after the IVs, but today I got REALLY bad diarrhea and have felt spacey (brain fog), tired, sweaty and low energy. My stomach is a bit upset. Don't think I'm sick. Is this a herx? I haven't had one yet from all the Clindy and wonder if we're finally starting to get somewhere here.

Here is what I've introduced in the last couple of days, after taking a little break after the IVs:
Mino 100mg 2x daily (per Dr. S's recommendation to my doc)
Hyperbaric oxygen – changed depth today to more effective bug-killing pressure
Diflucan – took two pills, last was yesterday, for yeast problem that developed after IVs (under control now, I think)
Back on probiotics since IVs were done.

So, do you think this is a herx? If so, do I just keep doing what I'm doing, or do I back off anything? I'm functional, but had to cancel a class I was supposed to teach for tomorrow because it's very physical and I'm not up for it.

Thanks for any feedback you can send my way!

Judy

Judy,

Here's more feedback than you probably wanted.  The search I did turned up a tremendous amount of information that I, personally, wanted to hang onto…. so…. I pasted it into an e-mail to myself.  Am pasting the “finds” below.  One thing I want to say to reply to your symptoms above is that we can expect the die-off reaction when an effective treatment is used, and organisms (any or many kinds) die off.  Our sick body has to process this die-off, and our liver and other detox organs have to deal with it.  I've read that the chemistry of this die-off is like a poison and affects even our brains, and can make us feel spacey and cause all sorts of feelings and reactions until the debris is cleared out.  It is important that we learn about drinking lots of pure water to help flush this through (along with other good things that our body needs to support it).  Eating healthily (mainly vegetables/vegetable protein and small amount of fruit, and not overburdening our bodies with having to digest heavy meat protein during this time has been recommended, thus freeing the body/liver to do more detoxing of die-off.

The following contain Herxheimer information relating to different types of organism die-off:

http://www.anapsid.org/lyme/herx.html

Melissa Kaplan's
Lyme Disease
Part of the Anapsid.org Chronic Neuroimmune Diseases Information Resources for CFS, FM, MCS, Lyme Disease, Thyroid and more…
Last updated April 19, 2007 

http://overcomingcandida.com/anti_candida_drugs.htm
Beating the Fungus

Hang on to this site!  A huge number of topics related to specifics of fungus are discussed and can be very important. 

Best of luck to you, and may you feel much better before too long.  It took me about 4 months of the die-off period to begin having the “good days” that heralded things were at last turning around. 

AF