Home Forums General Discussion Wonderful visit to Dr. F in CA this week

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bonnielou
    Keymaster

I just returned from 2 days in Riverside where I got a thorough screening from Dr F. It was so nice after 5+ years of doing this basically on my own (of course with the help of everyone here) to have an experienced and supportive AP physician review my case and make recommendations.

The best news? My husband, a physician himself who never quite understood this antibiotic approach and who thought I should listen to my rheumy and start methotrexate

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Maz
    Keymaster

Bonnie, this is all fantastic news!!! Thanks so much for sharing. You really are amazing to have self-managed for so long and to have got things so well under control on your own. Very wise to get the work-up by Dr. F. to also see how you can further tweak things to really kick RA to the curb! 🙂 Hope these latest adjustments do the trick.

A Friend
    Participant

Bonnie,

A second to Maz’s post… absolutely great information you gave us. So happy for you, and that your husband now understands AP and supports your choice.

I must add that Dr. F (from reading on the site in the past) and the other physician there, as well as some of the unique information Dr. F has on his site, have all been helpful and greatly appreciated. When you return, will you please ask Dr. F if he has considered having another meeting in Riverside, such as he hosted for patients as well as professionals in the late 1990’s. I’ve always regretted not being able to attend that one. One of the beauties of having it there is also the airport nearby.

Good luck with your new plan!

AF

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Bonnie, I too thank you for sharing the great news. So happy for you, kudos to you for the self-management and determination that’s brought you this far and great good wishes for the next step on this road of yours. Wonderful that your physician husband is now on board, sure that will make a big difference too (yay for Dr F!)

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.