Home Forums General Discussion Whine, whine, whine!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    John McDonald
    Participant

One would never guess now that you carried the kind of fear you say you did about your RA

It was classic fear of failure. How can I provide income for my family. How can I even open jars, lift vacuum cleaners, rough house with the girls, all the silly stuff that dads love to do. I know you wives and moms have the same corresponding fears and guilt, I have heard it so many times. Haven't we seen some marriages tragically crack over the added stress of rheumatic disease? I love having my life and optimism back. I like being a husband and a dad and a colleague. AP is a god send. Thank god for Tom Brown's persistance and thank god for the volunteers that helped me. I plan to volunteer my time in this cause until such time that AP is the first choice of treatment. When AP gets the respect and attention that it deserves then maybe some bio-geniuses can work on making it less glacial.

klogan
    Participant

Thanks to all of you!
    My whine was so whiney, that I deleted it – the last thing I want is to darken anyone else's mood.
    And of course, you all KNOW what I am whining about whether you can read the words or not!

It's good to hear that women can take longer to respond and I know that hormones are a factor – the flare ups are flaring with the ups and downs of perimenopause.
    Trying to get in to see an endicrinologist.

Thanks so much – this community means a lot.

klogan

klogan
    Participant

John,

Thanks for the heads up about prednisone. I was hoping to spend way less than a year on it – and your ideas will help motivate me to GET OFF soon.

klogan

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘ Whine, whine, whine!’ is closed to new replies.