Home Forums General Discussion We have "Stepped Out of Line"

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michele
    Participant

This was in the Jan 2008 Oprah Magazine (p.44) and it made me think of all of the AP-ers. It describes us! Enjoy! Michele

“Note to Self: Step Out of Line”

“For every nine people who denounce innovation, only one will encourage it…For every nine people who do things the way they have always been done, only one will ever wonder if there is a better way. For every nine people who stand in line in front of a locked building, only one will ever come around and check the back door.

Our progress as a species rests squarely on the shoulders of that tenth person. The nine are satisfied with things they are told are valuable. Person 10 determines for himself what has value.”

Za Rinpoche and Ashley Nebelsieck, in The Backdoor to Enlightenment (Three Leaves)

:D:D

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Fantastic  Michele – I think that's right on the money.  And it will explain why it's sometimes so hard to get people to see that there are other ways, that docs dont know it all, that we have a responsibility to case manage our own wellbeing and that it does pay dividends to look outside the (orthodox) box.  But not everyone is brave enough to do that. All we can do is offer our experiences and knowledge and wait and see who wants to know more. You can lead a horse to water, the drinking has to remain with the horse.
    Good on you for posting this (Aussie expression!) Lynnie

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Ellen RA-AP
    Participant

I love it!!  Thanks!

Goodwife
    Participant

I loved this – that is exactly how you have to think.

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi Michele,

What great insight.  I'm in total agreement with you and Lynnie.  We have to keep looking for help and take the responsibilities off of the doctors because many are not worth anything to us anyway.

Some of my greatest hurrdles in life have been the medical profession.  They know about common ailments, maybe…but we are special and many over-look way too much. 

I feel this way, many seem to have the attitude, “If it doesn't involve me or my family, then it must not exist!”

Diane

lauram
    Participant

here here! 😀

Ellen RA-AP
    Participant

Yes, but what kills me and what I think this quote is referring to is the blank stare that accompanies the doctor's thought, “but I didn't learn that in school.”  I feel there are 2 types of doctors, one repeats what they read in a book somewhere and the other that is a true scientist looking for answers.  Apparently, 9 of the doctors follow protocol and one seeks an answer!:headbang:

John McDonald
    Participant

Apparently, 9 of the doctors follow protocol and one seeks an answer!:headbang:

Um, 19 of 20?

I've been participating in this BB for a few years now. I never cease to be amazed and pleased at how aggressively bold and free thinking this lot is.

Edited for stupid spelling. Heck, it even has a spell checker.  No excuse. -john

Ellen RA-AP
    Participant

That's because what you are seeing here are all the people that refused to see the front door locked.   Heck, we find windows to open….;)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ We have "Stepped Out of Line"’ is closed to new replies.