Home Forums General Discussion We are declared Immunodefficient – NOT AUTOIMMUNE !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    roserdRA
    Participant

Low- dose- Naltrexone treatment sends people in remission by UPREGULATING !!! their immune system with inducing Endorphin production. Another off-label drug with practically no side effects is in the testing!

We have an  immunodeficiency to fight – not an Autoimmunity!!!!

I quote from Wikipedia:

However, since 2005, at least 3 separate scientific reports have described an underlying immunodeficiency as being characteristic of four different autoimmune diseases, including multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease and chronic fatigue syndrome.[2][/suP][3][/suP][4][/suP] In addition, recent scientific research has demonstrated abnormally low beta-endorphins in all forms of multiple sclerosis.

You all have to read this ! Here are the links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_dose_naltrexone

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

I wonder if Minocycline and Naltrexone can be combined to fight our “Bugs” with all the might we've got ???????

richie
    Participant

Hi

Sorry the label does not apply to people with scleroderma –Far from being immuno deficient -the problem with scleroderma is the body lays down way way too much collagen –while the exact process is not known –there is speculation that minocin in some way acts to regulate and control the production of collagen —

Richie

superperroRA
    Participant

Ritchie, does this mean, if the theory you describe is true, that Scleroderma is not caused by mycoplasma infection?

roserdRA
    Participant

Hi Ritchie (btw. – I love Clooney too!)

If you consider Scleroderma not related , then why does LDN (Low-Dose-Naltrexone) also work in people with Scleroderma? And it works quite well too, according to the testemonies I have read from patients on it (just like Minocycline)!

Maybe the Collagen deposit is just another mechanism ( just like the Pannus formation in RA) that is influenced by a defficiency of something else or an overexpression of something else in the process. I mean more like a side effect type of deal , that the body just can not avoid by trying to correct something or even bypass something else.

Our immune system is still being explored, but it is very plausible that intracellular pathogens can get the whole system out of wack!We just haven't identified all of these bugs ….YET! I do believe there is something more then just Mycoplasma we do not know of.

richie
    Participant

Hi

The excess collagen is one of the primary disease processes –Diffuse scleroderma is classified a collagen vascular disease —I read a bit further on LDN –while results seem impressive –the results for scleroderma were gathered on a CREST patient -which does not involve the skin and it has  short term effect – –Lets hope more work is done on this drug and it proves effective —

Richie

Jennhere
    Participant

so how can I get ahold of naltrexone?

roserdRA
    Participant

Sorry Ritchie but I read a lot more than one testimonial from people with Scleroderma. But it's ok. I decided to have an eye on their forum as well. It never can hurt to be open to what's going on around us.

linda
    Participant

Very interesting articles. If true, it explains why acupuncture works so well in people with arthritis; it releases endorphins as well.

Also, it may be part of what is going on in FMS; lower levels of endorphins would create less tolerance to pain. Thanks for this info,

linda

Parisa
    Participant

Thank you for posting this.  One more possible feather for the arsenal.

roserdRA
    Participant

I just found out- that's how Capsaicin work as well- it enduces endorphins.

And so does Chocolate! Now I don't have to feel bad if I chow down my dark chocolate bars or make myself a cup of Cocoa ( the real one- not Nesquick)! It's all for health! LOL

Jennhere
    Participant

can exercise produce the same effect?

klogan
    Participant

Maybe this explains the flare-up depression syndrome?
    No one believes me, but my flare ups come with their own special gloom. Sometimes it arrives before the joint pain – an inexplicable melancholy, a feeling that I can't possibly cope, an inability to enjoy ANYTHING.
    Sure, a flare up can be depressing, but this is something very new and seperate that I feel.

Like ecstasy, is there a chance that LDN can use up all our endorphins?

kml

linda
    Participant

klogan,  Dr. Brown would have believed you, he talks about depression as one of the first symptoms of RA. He goes so far as to recommend testing for RA, SLE, etc when a patient becomes depressed followed by muscle or joint pain.

For everyone:  One thing I don't understand, if we are immunosuppressed (should I have said immunodeficient?), why do we have inflammation? Wouldn't the opposite be true? and wouldn't we be prone to getting more infections than the rest of the population? I rarely get sick and when I do, it's never very bad and is shortlived. Finally, why do immunosuppresive meds work so well and how do these studies explain the labs that come back high in tests for measuring the activity of the immune system?

I'm just playing devil's advocate, I'm not disagreeing with anyone. It's just me, I used to drive my math instructors crazy at school because I was always asking “why” or “what if” questions. Like Ritchie said, we still have so much to learn.

roserdRA
    Participant

As much as I found out- Endorphins can not be “used up”, they are produced by our body. There is not a specific number one has and that's it. They are continuously produced….more or less.

It's exactly the”less” that they find in people with so called Autoimmunity.

roserdRA
    Participant

As for Ecstasy and the regular dose of Naltrexone( used to fight alcohol addiction with 50 mg of it), it blocks the endorphin receptors 24/7.

Low dose Naltrexone taken at bedtime tricks the body to produce more Endorphins because it blocks receptors only for about 3- 4 hours.

(people should take the time and read links before posting- then they would understand what one talks about in a specific thread).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ We are declared Immunodefficient – NOT AUTOIMMUNE !!!’ is closed to new replies.