Home Forums General Discussion Watson Pharmaceuticals now Actavis, Inc.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I just found out Watson is now Actavis headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. They no longer make minocycline.

Rose
    Participant

Well heck. My minocycline is made by Watson. I sure do not want Rambaxy.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I’m going to be getting Teva.

Rose
    Participant

Teva and Watson were the two Richie recommended. Maybe I can call around to see who carries Teva here.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

CVS was special ordering the Watson so now they’ll special order the Teva. Maybe you can find someone who will special order if they don’t carry it.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I just talked to Walmart the they still carry Watson so will get it there.

Woods1977
    Participant

Hold the phone Jesus… I’m currently using Watson brand minocycline- I had my script filled earlier this month. So what I’m hearing is that Watson is no more, thus no more Watson Mino?

This is very troubling for me, as I use a compounding pharmacy and blah, blah blah… Furthermore, I finally got my AP under control- the thought of switching to another brand scares the hell out of me. Feel free to chime in at any time and tell me I’m being a drama queen, please.

Did some research of my own which aligns with this post- that Watson is now “Actavis, Inc”. Furthermore, it appears that Actavis only makes the peleted version of Mino: http://www.actavis.com/products/key-products/product-search?searchterm=
    **Could not send directly link, you’ll need to search for Mino within the drop down menu**

I contacted my compounding pharmacy and they have some Watson left in stock, but I’m extremely nervous about changing to another brand. Very nervous. Feedback is welcome. Very welcome. 🙁

Thanks!

Maz
    Keymaster

Jan is right…Watson Pharmaceuticals is now Actavis Inc, headquartered in Dublin, Ireland:

http://www.watson.com/

There is a phone number listed for “Drug Safety” at the administrative offices in New Jersey to call regarding products:

Watson Products in the U.S. +1 (800) 272-5525 Ext. 34399

Also an Actavis number for New Jersey here:

Actavis
    Morris Corporate Center III
    400 Interpace Parkway
    Parsippany, NJ 07054
    +1 (862) 261-7000

Best thing might be to try phoning these numbers and see if someone can confirm (or not) whether Watson generic minocycline will still be available in the US. If it is, it may just be marketed under a new company name. I ran a search through the Actavis Products tabs at Watson.com and minocycline was not showing up. 😕

Woods1977
    Participant

Maz,

To your above point, the compounding pharmacy I work with is looking into this as well… They are going to get back with me on Monday. The people at the pharmacy I work with are really good- they know their stuff. I’ll update the thread when I have more information.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I just got a prescription filled with Watson minocycline at Walmart so Walmart still has it in stock. We’ll find out Monday with a call to Watson if it is still being made by them.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I called Watson and she said they are still making minocycline so CVS must have chosen to no longer carry it but Walmart does. Good news!!!

Woods1977
    Participant

***UPDATE FOR THOSE TAKING WATSON BRAND MINOCYCLINE***

The compounding pharmacy I use in Michigan called me back today- they claim that Actavis Pharmaceuticals does in fact make Minocycline. Based on my conversation with the compounding pharmacy it

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

My CVS pharmacist told me that different CVS pharmacies have different suppliers so some CVS pharmacies may be able to get Watson brand minocycline and some may not. My CVS pharmacy is not able to get Watson brand. I was able to get it at Walmart.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.