Home Forums General Discussion Update With RA – 4months On AP

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Hi There,

I started AP (Minocyclin) for my Reactive Arthritis (what i believe was caused from a bacteria infection 20months ago). I began on a more aggressive dosage as I wanted to try and get rid of it quickly, so have been at 200mg daily, 100mg morning and night. For reactive arthritis I have read many threads and articles about combination therapy but I have not yet tried it, as the other antibiotics are far more toxic than Mino. I have been doing a lot of work on meditation, mood and learning what my stress points are to avoid stress, which I believe is my biggest issue. What really gets me mad, is that this is my 4th time with RA and other times I simply took that anti-biotic and was 100% in remission within 3months, I have taken anti-biotics prior for this with no change but this is now the first time taking long-terma nd first time taking Minocyline. Previously I took azithromycin at single dosage 2g and was cured and I have tried this now 4 times on this episode but made no difference. I have also tried Doxy at 100mg for one month, which has cured me on the first time I had it 9years ago and this time no cure. I dont know why this time I cannot free it easily, which makes me worried it is something else??

Anyway what i have learned and maybe very helpful to others from reading a great deal online and books is below.

1. Vitamins I find useful
    –Astaxanthin – up to 12mg – 20mg a day – highest anti-oxidant
    –Krill Oil – 2 caps a day. Anti-Oxidant also highest bioavailable omega 3.
    –Turmeric – natural anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. 3 caps a day.
    –Vitamin D3. Higher dosage of up to 10,000IU a day.

There are many vitamin recommendations out there but I find these the most useful, and its better take the best vs. too many of everything. As well as saves the bank a tad.

2. Emotions and spirit:
    –I have dropped doing almost all forms of intense exercise – which I was addicted to for a majority of my life. I now mostly doing yoga and meditation.
    –It has helped relieve some of the symptoms but the other positive aspect is it has helped transform my life and world around me other ways. Without RA, I may never have chosen this path, so therefore am grateful.

3. Reading:
    –Arthritis – By Phil Escott – Incredible story of his cures on all levels and his incredible story – 100% natural. Really opens your eyes to the spiritual and emotional connection.
    –EFT – Tapping – By Colin G Smith. Techniques to calm emotions and bring more positive energy into ones life.
    –The New Arthritis Breakthrough, By Henry Scammell. Goes into the depth of AP and many case studies of cures by Dr Brown. Very eye opening also on the truth of the medical industry and why they DO NOT want a cure to be used! But there are!

4. Spirit workshops:
    –Some deep spiritual workshops which allowed me to look at past and present trauma causing blockages in my life. I believe a lot of RA – which also Phill Escott talks in his book our bodies block the bacteria from being released from the immune system due to emotional trauma we are stuck in and live in. Once we free this emotional trauma it allows are immune system to free us from the bacteria and in time the symptoms go away.
    –There are a number of these but I chose a more extreme one that is linked to ancient Peru.

The reason I am writing is to give some helpful hints to others, also ask for advice why I was feeling 99% better from about November through to January 20th and in January 20th had a major relapse. I am back to taking ibiprofen now 2 caps 3 times a day so I can walk normally and do daily tasks. It has been over 1 year since I used ibiprofen, and dislike using it, and do not know why I went so far back when I thought I was nearly cured. Is it herxheimer (herxing) syndrome or something else? I am going through a lot more stress than years before with a business, which seemed very timely on my relapse and when the recent stress happened. Any advice welcome.

D

Reactive Arthritis, since June 2015.
    Current Meds: Been on Minocin 200mg daily since November 2016, now on M/W/F 200mg AP.

Supplements Daily: 2 caps Krill Oil, 20mg Astaxanthin, 10IU Vitamin D3, 1g NAC, 24mg of boron a day.

Alternative: Periodic use of home made collodial silver 150ml daily. TCM herbs to target infection, heat and inflammation. Acupuncture to relieve pressure and release heat. 2tbs of organic coconut oil. Oral form of essential oils frankincense and oregano. Topical form of e

richie
    Participant

Perhaps you should think about a maintenance dose after you feel better –its written all around here that this antibiotic approach is not a cure but can get you into remission –Obviously you relapsed 4 times so you arent doing something correct and imo thats taking at a minimum a maintainance dose

richie
    Participant

Hi I have a question and hope you take it in the spirit its offered –you have lots of recommendations but your overall health record with 4 relapses and being sick now hardly lends credence to these recommendations –I only put weight into suggestions from folks who have been successful and have maintained that success !!!!!

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Richie – i think you read my post wrong. The relapsed due to new bacteria, it was NOT the same thing coming back each time. Maybe I didn’t explain my self clearly. Mine, I believe is caused by reactive arthritis to bacteria. Each other 3 times I was able to fully get rid of the bacteria in a short period of time. The newest episode began 20months ago and before that I was 100% cured from the previous 3 times and healthy.

Drew

Current Meds: Been on Minocin 200mg daily since November 2016, now on M/W/F 200mg AP.

Supplements Daily: 2 caps Krill Oil, 20mg Astaxanthin, 10IU Vitamin D3, 1g NAC, 24mg of boron a day.

Alternative: Periodic use of home made collodial silver 150ml daily. TCM herbs to target infection, heat and inflammation. Acupuncture to relieve pressure and release heat. 2tbs of organic coconut oil. Oral form of essential oils frankincense and oregano. Topical form of e

eagle26
    Participant

Can I ask you what type of your infection is yours? Is it urinary or gastrointestinal? If you don’t mind lifeaboutchange?
    I am using same kind of supplements too.

Reactive Arthritis+ tachycardia+ prostatitis. 2015 till now. Just a short remission 4 months.
    NAC, vit e, krill oil, vit b 1000 mcg daily, vit d 2000 iu daily and quercetin 500 mg twice a day.

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

I believe was urinary. The above things have helped a lot and mostly I am about 90% better most days, but have some relapses / flares at times. Working now on a 100% cure for good, but the journey largely has transformed also many other positive things that I otherwise would not have changed.

L

eagle26
    Participant

thanks L. I am about to start AP therapy if I find a doctor adopting it. I tried so many things however no improvement seen.
    My main complaints are the urological symptoms not the arthritis and pain. Do you have also burning in urination and frequency issues?

Reactive Arthritis+ tachycardia+ prostatitis. 2015 till now. Just a short remission 4 months.
    NAC, vit e, krill oil, vit b 1000 mcg daily, vit d 2000 iu daily and quercetin 500 mg twice a day.

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Hi Eagle,

No I do not now but slightly did 18months ago when this begun. If you are new to this, it may or may not progress into your joints, it will depend on many factors. These forums help, also the book by Dr. Brown to explain more. It is a journey and has tough me a lot about my own health as well as the truth about the medical industry.

L

eagle26
    Participant

Thanks for reply L. I have been dealing it for 2 years now. I hope it will not progress into my joints. Yes docs are useless and medical industry gives importance to profits mostly. They sell biologics now which brings them more profit with lots of side effects.

worldofme
    Participant

Lifeaboutchange:

Do,you know which bacteria you had?

I have ReA and was never been able to put in remission. I continue to have progressive arthritis.

Any idea? I’ve been on abx for months…

Did clear of trigger bacteria stopped arthritis?

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Hi Eagle,

I read and replied to your other post as well. Looking at some of the other comments, especially from Mez these are very help and credible. Unfortunately there are some in the forums that feel offering negative feedback is possibly “fun” and miss guided, I hope the formula admin can clean some of these people up and help us all focus on quality and positive help.

L

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.