Home Forums General Discussion U.S. FDA plans to restrict some Lyme Disease tests

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

Some important news:
    LYMEPOLICYWONK: Whose interests is the FDA protecting? Not Lyme patients, apparently

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Hi If you read further into some FDA reports etc –they dont want to restrict lyme tests in fact they didnt even mention lyme rather the want these tests to be treated as devices with the same oversight and place these labs under the same regs as device manufacturers which would include registering –reporting and reporting any patient complaints -and probably put the labs under pressure to not deal with a patient directly –I personally think these labs had this coming to them –by doing business directly with the patient and cutting around the doctor and also some Senators have mentioned the very same thing I touched on –the amount of positive results coming out of labs –I think somewhere Igenex was mentioned along with one or two others —I had this in back of my mind –where are the negative results from these labs –havent heard of very many !!!! I personally dont think putting these LDTS under oversight is necessarily a bad thing nor will it result in the discontinuance of any LYME tests –if labs do discontinue any tests -then one must question the validity of them –and it is good the party is over for them !!!!
    richie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.