Home Forums General Discussion Tried to pick up script, told it was a dif manufacturer…have you heard of…

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Airen
    Participant

Aurobindo??? I didn’t take it. Been taking mino Watson successfully for 6 months and scared to switch willy nilly. I requested a special order. I googled Aurobindo and it’s India based. Sure hope they can get my Watson…been doing really really well and I don’t want to mess with a good thing!!!

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

PhilC
    Participant

Aurobindo was in trouble with the FDA in the recent past.

See:
    FDA lifts ban on some Aurobindo antibiotics
    Aurobindo Pharma comes under USFDA lens, again

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

jasregadoo

I was on Ranbaxy for awhile, then a few months ago my pharmacy switched over to Aurobindo. At first I didn’t notice a difference, but lately I’ve been having a little bit more pain. Could be the cold weather, could be a change in the supplements I’m taking, or it could be the generic. I’m almost out of this month’s rx, so I’m going to try to get something else. I did ask at my CVS, and this is all they have, so I guess I’ll shop around. I’ll start at Rite Aid, as they are convenient, and then Walgreens, and if neither of them can help me I’ll go to a small independent pharmacy. I’d go there first, but they are out of the way. Still, for something I only have to get once a month (and maybe I’d ask my doctor for a 3 month supply), that’s fine with me.

jasregadoo

I have called several pharmacies in the area, and the majority of them only have Aurobindo or Actavis capsules. My understanding is that both of these are made in India. I was switched from Ranbaxy to Aurobindo a few months ago, and I am feeling a little worse, though I’m not positive that is due to the change. Who knows, right? I found my options are:
    Watson capsules, which I think are also from India (now Actavis, right?) ($30 a month)
    Aurobindo capsules ($30 a month)
    Actavis capsules ($30 a month)

or I can get Ranbaxy tablets ($130 a month)

Or I can ask a compounding pharmacy to make them for me ($350 a month)

I’ve called smaller, independent pharmacies and asked them if they can order Ranbaxy or Par or something like that, but they all say no, all they have is what they have.

I cannot afford $350 a month, and truthfully, I cannot afford $130 a month when my other meds and so on are considered. So I guess I’m stuck with the capsules.

I’m thinking of trying the Watson, as several people here have had good results with it. I’d rather have a U.S. Brand. I see users saying where the drugs are manufactured, but I haven’t been able to figure that out for myself. I know Watson was bought by Actavis, but is it soon going to be Teva?

I’ve also tried asking for Dynacin, but no one around here has ever heard of it, and my insurance doesn’t cover it, so I guess that’s not an option for me either.

Any sage advice?

PhilC
    Participant

I’m thinking of trying the Watson, as several people here have had good results with it.

For now, I think that’s your best option.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

jasregadoo

AND…I called the pharmacy who yesterday told me that they have Watson, but they don’t have Watson, they have Actavis. Maybe that’s the same thing, I can’t tell. Frustrating.

Airen
    Participant

Jas, yes Activis is Watson. I just called my target and they were able to easily and quickly special order the Watson for me. I say try that one. I’m feeling great…not all the way better yet…still a ways to go but def a significant improvement in just 6 months.

Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

jasregadoo

Just an update that I’ve now been on Watson/Actavis for maybe 3 weeks, and I’m feeling better. It’s also a bit warmer here, and I started taking krill omega 3, so who knows what the factor is. I don’t care. Just glad to be feeling good again. 🙂

Airen
    Participant

So awesome to hear Jas! From when I started and each time I’ve increased I have herxed RIGHT at 3 weeks so be aware if you start to not feel as well again for a little bit. I recently increased again (trying to get to 100 mg twice daily) and felt great immediately and now at 3 weeks starting to get a little more pain…NOTHING like my first herx though. Each herx is less severe and doesn’t last as long as the one before it, THANKFULLY! I’ve been meaning to update as well and started typing and it turned in to a long story/testimonial! I’m at 8 months now and want to update everyone! So glad you are feeling good. Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Started AP in June 2015

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.