Home Forums General Discussion Torrent Generic

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jasregadoo

Hi Everyone,

When I first started this treatment in Feb of ’15, I was on Ranbaxy generic. It took a few months, but I did very well on it. When Ranbaxy sold their Minocycline to Torrent, I was put on Aurobindo generic. Within a few weeks, I felt worse. Not as bad as prior to taking Minocycline, but worse. I read that many people did well on Watson/Actavis, so I requested that. I finally got it through CVS, and I felt a little better than on the Aurobindo, though not as good as I did on the Ranbaxy. I called around to the pharmacies in my area, and no one could get the Ranbaxy for me, not CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, nor the small independent pharmacies that I called. Perhaps that is because of the switch from Ranbaxy to Torrent. After reading here that some people were able to get Torrent through Express Scripts and CVS, I requested it at CVS. CVS said they could get it for me, but when I followed up a few days later, they said their warehouse does not stock it, so I can’t get it. Frustrating, esp since they never called me to let me know that they could not get it.

On Saturday, I was stopping to get a dog treat for my dog at PetFood Express, and I saw a small independent pharmacy that I’ve not tried before. Remembering Richie’s advice that this is the way to go for special orders, I went inside and asked about getting Torrent. He said yes, he would special order it for me. I called my doctor this morning and asked that a prescription be sent there, and I added a note that I am requesting Torrent for the rx.

I do hope this works. We are all a little different, and some do better on one generic than another. Since so few of us can get our insurance to cover the price of name brand minocin, and in the U.S. it is crazy expensive, I am hopeful that I will get the Torrent, and that it will work as well for me as the Ranbaxy did.

I’ll let you know.

Spiffy

I just got Ranbaxy tablets at Wal Mart for $48. I have to get them in the 50 mgs. But I am okay with that.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

jasregadoo

I’m happy to report that I just picked up my Torrent RX from a small local pharmacy. My cost was more than my $10 co-pay, but only $35 total, which I feel is worth it. If I’m on it for several months and don’t feel a difference, I may go back to Actavis, as that one is less. But I remember doing very well on Ranbaxy last year, so I’m hopeful.

Thanks for the suggestion Richie, to go independent. I was chasing my tail with the big pharmacies. Though most of the small ones around here weren’t much help either, but now I’ve found one that will go out of his way for me, so I’ll stick with him.

richie
    Participant

Glad it worked out —if you find someone helpful and willing to put in extra effort —thats what I call a keeper

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.