Home Forums General Discussion tooth decay and acidosis

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    casey
    Participant

Yesterday i had a dentist appt. For years i have struggled with tooth decay no matter how well i looked after my teeth. My parents and brother had false teeth by the time they were all 16 and i had a upper denture put in at 15. I have stuggled the rest of these yrs trying to keep the bottoms and i am down to 7. I was at the dentist a yr ago and had NO cavities though these 7 teeth have many fillings. There were 3 cavities yesterday and my gums are receding so when that happens i am more prone to cavities quicker below the enamel into the cementin. At this particular dentists office ( not holistic), when i asked about why this happens i was surprised to hear the dentist say that this is occurring because i was acidic and this will definitely contribute if not be the cause. He said anyone who  is immunosuppressed is acidic. What was odd about this was that it was a regular dentist saying this. I have also never told them i had rheumatic disease, i only tell them what meds i am on and that i have chronic infections. When i got to the hygienist for cleaning (she was at the other end of the building and didnt overhear the above) , she said the same thing about being acidic pushing decay along. i was also told about the 5 things that contribute to tooth decay… palque, tarter ( which i had very little because i amfanatic in cleaning), genetic, bacteria ( which the mouth is the worst in everyone and finally, an acidic environment that promotes tooth decay.

So the bottom line here with me is this acid environment of mine is contributing to many things going wrong  in my body and it is so hard to get under control which means i have to find a better way. Researching tooth decay and acidosis last night showed many results about how severe this connection can be or is.

Just thought i would pass on how important it seems for us to have a PH balance in many ways.

AF , i know you will read this post and am wondering how your teeth are ? Since really working on your ph levels , have you ever noticed a difference in the dental area or does this not relate to you?

Thanks so much,

Casey

JBJBJB
    Participant

Do you have dry mouth problem? or Sj

casey
    Participant

Hi JB,

Yes , had symtoms of that  a few times which i know can cause this.  The thing is though i have had cavities nonstop since i was 7 yrs old . I am going to research Sjogrens and ph /acid and see what i can find.

Geez, bacteria /sjorgens/acidosis/calcium/mag/1,25 D/gum bone loss …seems these all work together. Hate this puzzle!Good gravy, gotta get some of these pieces together before i have to GUM it!!!!!

Am getting very sick of my body right now!

Thanks,

Casey

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=9]casey[/user] wrote:

Hi JB,

The thing is though i have had cavities nonstop since i was 7 yrs old . I am going to research Sjogrens and ph /acid and see what i can find.

Casey,

I had cavities during my past two years. When I went to Sydney to visit my family, my brother-in-law is a dentist. He said since I had MCTD, perhaps I also have Sjorgrens. I do. He recommended me sip water constantly and keep my mouth moisture. He also told me to avoid all alcohol related mouth wash because it could dry up the mouth's moisture. I have to confess I use Listerine alot. Now I make sure I use water to wash Listerine out.

I feel for you. If it's not one thing it's another. Hang in there, Casey.

Hugs,

JB

APbeliever
    Participant

For dry mouth, try using a Biotene mouthwash and Biotene toothpaste. It works wonders for dry mouth. You can find it in US in any walmart or local CVS, Walgreens pharmacy. I use it specially at night time due to all the drug related dry mouth problems.

casey
    Participant

APbeliever,

Thinking of you tonight!  I just looked through  a baggie full of goodies  the dentist gave me the other day ( you know the sample bags they give out) and in it along with a new toothbrush, floss etc etc were 3 little sample packs of biotene toothpaste, biotene mouthwash and a product called biotene oral balance. We have Walmart here in Canada so i am hoping to find those products there.

Thanks!

APbeliever
    Participant

You are quite welcome casey. I believe you will find it at Walmart in Canada as I bought one in Vancouver, Canada also when I was visiting my sister.

Joe M
    Participant

[user=1212]APbeliever[/user] wrote:

For dry mouth, try using a Biotene mouthwash and Biotene toothpaste. It works wonders for dry mouth. You can find it in US in any walmart or local CVS, Walgreens pharmacy. I use it specially at night time due to all the drug related dry mouth problems.

Thanks AP!  I've had dry mouth problems for years and no dentist has ever told me about biotene.  I'm going to try it!

Kim
    Participant

Casey,

I've been using Biotene for years and can find it in all the grocery stories and drugstores.  It is more expensive than regular toothpaste, natch. :headbang:

kim

A Friend
    Participant

Hi Casey,

I just happened to have taken a few minutes to read on the board.  Haven't been around home long enough recently to read anything.  Glad I saw your post. 

Sorry about the tooth situation.  Sounds systemic to me. 

My teeth all my life have been very good, and I hardly had a cavity.  It was after life in the fast lane — marriage, a family, part-time… and then full-time work… and on and on that my Type A personality really caused a lot of stress.  I seemed to thrive on it, but little did I know how adversely that affects us… in so many ways. 

I do believe stress (and ignorance of knowing the things that really do undermine health) becomes a big culprit.  Sometimes even adherence to a good diet cannot overcome the hazards of too many stresses in our life.  (This may not be what went on with you, but may have added to it perhaps.) 

Minocycline, I read years ago, can be helpful for gum disease.  So can Co-Q-10.  (The first time I began taking even a 30 mg capsule of it, the next morning there was lots of die-off from an existing infection being treating in my jaw (not a tooth, but the jaw bone, apparently).

Were I in your place, I would certainly look into testing my pH (according to a good paper giving guidance on when and how to do this).  Then, if found to be acidic, I would do everything possible to bring it into a healthy, slightly alkaline range, i.e. 7.2 area.  There are some really good mouth wash products, i.e. Viadent is one that I read the MP doc used when he had a challenging threat he needed a root canal, etc.  If/when we are unhealthily acidic, it becomes the perfect environment for all kinds of viruses, bacteria, mycoplasma, you-name-it to grow and multiply, causing any number of other problems. 

I'd also educate myself about combinations of synergistic antioxidants to use together to protect you/your DNA, cells, etc. (they're more powerful together and don't quit working as quickly),  and vitamins (i.e. A,C,E,S — I believe this is A, C, E and selenium.???.. the S might have been a plural, but I just read how important Selenium is — but guess it's a mineral not a vitamin, but read about it anyway…LOL :roll-laugh:  Another thing that comes to mind (I'm influencing you to spend all your money!!!) is to look into Dr. Sherry Rogers detox cocktail in which she recommends glutathione powder, vitamin C powder, and a couple of other things in it — glutathione is the body's “master detoxifier,” and when we become chronically ill, we've probably run out of it and the ability to make enough to keep us protected.  This is all just for you to know about — then you can make your own educated decisions.  If we have root canals, etc. and our bodies are already sick and overrun with all kinds of organisms, this can set us up for even more serious diagnoses. 

Hope I haven't made you a nervous wreck by now. 

More later… take care of yourself.  You can get a handle on this.  It usually takes a lot of reading, study, work, but I believe there are answers and help for whatever problems we have. 

Best to you,

AF

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ tooth decay and acidosis’ is closed to new replies.