Home Forums General Discussion Tongue/Antibioitcs?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

I have one of the strangest (and more rare) types of thyroid disease, called “toxic multinodular goiter.” It’s been horrible to get diagnosed, because I knew I had nodules – some hot and some cold on scans – but as all my labs were normal, though a little on the hyper side – no doc ever suggested it might be a problem. Turns out it has been a bigger problem than I could have imagined, because the cold nodule is now huge (benign), causing compressive symptoms on my esophagus, and the hot nodules produce intermittent hyperthyroid symptoms, making me swing between being hypo and hyper. Symptoms have been intolerable and overlap with my rheumatic symptoms (e.g. hypothyroidism can cause joint and muscle pain) and may well have been what has been slowing my progress all along. Surgeon says it needs to come out, because it’s toxic and it’s making me toxic, so I’m getting it removed next week. Wish me luck!

Hi Maz–
    You just keep on connecting the dots. Never heard of this (that’s why it’s rare 🙂 ). Thanks for sharing this info. Sending you all the best for a speedy recovery. Let us know how you are doing.

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Maz
    Keymaster

@Trudi wrote:

Hi Maz–
    You just keep on connecting the dots. Never heard of this (that’s why it’s rare 🙂 ). Thanks for sharing this info. Sending you all the best for a speedy recovery. Let us know how you are doing.

Thanks, Trudi, and will do! 🙂

may8
    Participant

I too have black spots on my tongue and some cracks, just assumed it is the mono, but will ask my Dr this week. I too have thyroid nodules , had aspiration test done and the results was unsatisfactory, limited cellularity , but was told nothing to be concerned with but I am now having second thoughts.

Minocycline HCL 200 mg daily
    Imuran 100 mg daily
    Adalat XL 20 mg daily
    Prevacid 30 mg
    Pilocarpine 5 mg
    Probiotic, multi vit, vit c, omega 3, d3, b12

may8
    Participant

Saw the doctor today about the spotted tongue, it is telangesia on the tongue
    Keep healthy .

Minocycline HCL 200 mg daily
    Imuran 100 mg daily
    Adalat XL 20 mg daily
    Prevacid 30 mg
    Pilocarpine 5 mg
    Probiotic, multi vit, vit c, omega 3, d3, b12

Boris
    Participant

Thanks for reporting your update May8. I’m going to check that out.
    My Total T3 came in low and had another test done that will be in this week. I’ll provide an update.
    Maz was right about giving me the heads up to check out the thyroid!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.