Home Forums General Discussion To: Diane/WI & Lynne G/SD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sfsorrels
    Participant

Diane,

Since WI is one of the hot spots for Lyme Disease, have you been tested by IgeneX or Central Florida Research for LD?

Lynne G/SD.

With all your family's history with these various diagnoses, has anyone been tested by the two labs above?

My one friend had been diagnosed with Reynaud's, MCTD, and Lupus.  She tested positive to LD.  My other friend has had a diagnosis of MS for 19 years; she tested positive to LD, Babesia, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.

I believe all of these AI diseases have some bacterial, viral, protozoan, or mycoplasmal infection causing them.  Like the pathogenesis of ulcers, one day medicine will have to say, “Oops!  We were wrong about AI as well.”

It will just take time!

Sandy

LD 6+ years, abx 4 yrs.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Sandy;
          None of us have been tested for Lyme's as we live in the part of Canada that is so frigging cold that it just can't survive.There are spots around southern Ontario and British Columbia that are warm enough though.We know there is a wonky gene in the family so we just leave it at that as there is nothing to be done  even if we knew.   Lynne

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi Sandy,

I have not been tested for Lyme.  My AP Doc did not want to run the test because he said that the  testing for Lyme is so inaccurate that he did not even want to  waste the money in doing the testing.

Part of my families problem with auto-immune issues are genetic from my grandparents.  You see…they were first cousins.  Back then, it was acceptable to marry first cousins. 

My daughters Professor who studies genetics told her that this is a major factor in auto-immune diseases.  In my first cousins runs the RA, M.S., Lupus, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, mental illness, chronic colon issues.  It all sounds like it could be Lyme I suppose. 

I don't ever recall seeing the infected ring that is often characteristic of Lymes, though that doesn't mean I don't have it.

What do you know about the testing and its accuracy?  How about the cost?  I would re-consider if the results are more accurate now then a few years back.

Thanks for your concern.

Diane

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ To: Diane/WI & Lynne G/SD’ is closed to new replies.