Home Forums General Discussion tingling sensations and RA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LAR362
    Participant

Hi all. I have been on AP for about a year now for RA and am doing well.  Before I started and while on AP I have had these strange tingling sensations particularly where it hurt the most: in the balls of my feet and wrist/hand area.  I have noticed during the year that I have been on AP this tingling sensation has moved to my thigh/leg area too although there was no pain involved in this area. After being on AP for more than a year now,  the tingling is gone. Mabey just a transient tingle in my feet but for the most part gone. Can anyone relate and explain? Thanks!

nspiker
    Participant

I'm a newbie, but have been on AP for over three months.  I also get that tingling sensation, and attribute it to the AP clearing the infection.  For me, it always is associated with an improvement of symptoms.

Do you think this could be what you're experiencing?

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

I have no clue what this is.  When I first got RA my family doc said it was due to the small nerves in my feet being inflamed….as the RA improved it went away.  During another major flare it became very painful and with AP it went away.  Recently during a time of extreme stress it seems to have returned somewhat (though less) and now that I'm forcing myself to slow down and get regular sleep it seems to be abating again.

I asked my rheumy about it once and he said it was part of RA he didn't elaborate but looked at me with pity…which scared me…so I didn't ask anymore questions.  I was on overload at the time because he was against AP then and I felt lost and overwhelmed.

My grandfather had some kind of autoimmune disease that went undiagnosed (and untreated) for years and later had received a diagnosis of polymiositis…he had a lot of pain at just the slightest touch to his skin.  He was completely untreated because the only thing offered to him was prednisone that he couldn't take.

My mother has spinal stenosis for certain and I suspect she has RA…we are in the middle of researching all of that for her (hence the extreme stress on my part – I love her so much and am very worried about her) Anyhow, she has lived with all sorts of strange sensations for almost 30 years….with no diagnosis.  She's had every scan known to mankind.

Hang in there.

— whaleharbor

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Kim
    Participant

All (probably 95%) of my tingling/parasthesia/Raynaud's went away with frequent use of an infrared sauna, due to increased circulation and thinning of blood.

kim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ tingling sensations and RA’ is closed to new replies.