Home Forums General Discussion Tiff, how are you doing???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    casey
    Participant

Hi Tiff,

How are you doing on your new protocol??

Hope all is well and just checking in

Casey

Tiff
    Participant

Hi Casey!

Thanks for thinking of me!

I've been off the Minocin for a week and started Benicar last Tuesday.  So far I don't have much to report.  Things have been going along pretty much the same as always.  I might say that I have had a bit more wide spread pains (a couple of joints overlapping), but not as severe as it can get.  Don't know if that is due to the change or not.  This is going to be a SLOW process.  The one thing I can say is that a week of MP level Benicar dosing has not been a problem at all.  I have felt very good in general (other than the rather mild joint pain), and I have been getting lots done – things like putting up curtains, cooking and organizing stuff so my family can manage should I be out of commission for longer than usual.  I feel really good about how we are all coping, and I am not depressed or down, so that is great.

My blood tests from early March indicated, as I expected, a down-turn from last summer, but not any worse than last year this time.  Unfortunately I am mildly anemic again, and my RF is again borderline (15 where 14 is the cutoff for normal) compared to last summer when it was solidly normal (8).  My CCP was >60 (wish I had gotten a number to compare, but that is all it gave me.)  None of this surpises me at all, and is consistent with Palindromic RA, but it is a bummer after doing better last summer; and here I am at 18 months of AP, stalled.  All my doctors agree that continuing at high, daily doses of Minocin is not the solution, so MP is the best way I can see to move forward.

Thanks again for the thoughts.  I am glad to catch up on your posts.  The one about enjoying life really spoke to me.  I have deserved that talk on a number of occations.  It is a fine line to walk, isn't it?  Even more so when your CHILD is involved.  My heart goes out to you!  Let me know if you have any specific questions as I continue on MP.  I know it is of interest to you, but I would certainly want to find out more and take my time if I were in your situation.  For me, as I have said, I think the risk is warranted.  Feel free to I message me, too.  Take care!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Tiff, how are you doing???’ is closed to new replies.