Home Forums General Discussion Tick Bites

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    richie
    Participant

In todays Long Island paper -Newsday –the front page is blasting about Tick Bites trigger red meat allergies–seems the East Tend has hundreds of cases “-experts tell public not to panic “–try Newsday.com

niteowl
    Participant

I think there is a lack of up to date information on ticks in the bubble that most physicians live. I had a majority of symptoms for Lyme back in the winter of 2000 that the ER Dr. just brushed aside. The only difference being that I didn’t have red in the center of the bulls’eye hives, and I had several large ones. That was the winter that we never got a hard freeze, here – in the 50’s-60’s and I was a bigtime gardener. I had the severe headaches and neck pain some GI issues and asthma like I had never had before, muscle cramps, etc. So no blood work for me. Now I have RA.
    I wish the government would get a progressive task force together for all these tick borne illnesses. I guess since the current administration has no empathy, that probably won’t happen anytime, soon. Maybe Docs without borders needs to start one.
    I guess the standard motto is: don’t panic unless it happens to you! Ha, ha.

Diagnosed with RA in 2012
    Fifth Disease in '03
    Lyme? in 2000?
    Had radioactive ablation of hyperactive thyroid in 1997
    autoimmune thrombocytopenia resolved
    Anemia resolved with treatment of RA with Minocycline
    Blood type: B neg

Meds:
    Minocycline 50mg once a week
    Levothyroxine .88mg
    Liothyronine 5mg
    Methotrexate 20 mg once a week

Folic acid
    B12
    B6
    Vit D
    Biotin
    Biosil
    Cbd balm
    Flexaril as needed
    Aspirin
    Benedryl
    Ventolin inhaler
    Lactibiane probiotic

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Find the article here

This is something that is becoming a problem on the East Coast of Australia.Here the culprit is the Paralysis Tick (which is a big killer of dogs) and there was a TV program about this in 2015. See here

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

Thought this Live Science article was weird today, too…weird little dribs and drabs emerging about the devastation wrought by tickborne illnesses. What could be the true extent of these infections across the global population?

This Is How a Woman Died from a Tick-Borne Disease Without a Tick Bite

How strange that thrombocytopenia, in this instance, was the result of another tickborne (viral) illness, but one not passed by an infected tick but the body fluids (saliva, blood) of an infected animal! I guess the “idiopathic” got taken out of idiopathic thrombocytopenia in this instance! Things are only labeled idiopathic -unknown cause – until the cause is known. The following doctor interview on the Fox TV special, Lyme and Reason, that aired just over a year ago is really worth watching, because he describes how diseases, like RA, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, for instance, are just “syndrome” labels until a cause is identified. Niteowl, I think you’ll enjoy this show a lot!

Lyme and Reason

niteowl
    Participant

OMG! Thank you, Maz! I nearly flipped when he mentioned the Dr with the poison ivy that went on prednisone. I will ask for a list of Drs via email.

Diagnosed with RA in 2012
    Fifth Disease in '03
    Lyme? in 2000?
    Had radioactive ablation of hyperactive thyroid in 1997
    autoimmune thrombocytopenia resolved
    Anemia resolved with treatment of RA with Minocycline
    Blood type: B neg

Meds:
    Minocycline 50mg once a week
    Levothyroxine .88mg
    Liothyronine 5mg
    Methotrexate 20 mg once a week

Folic acid
    B12
    B6
    Vit D
    Biotin
    Biosil
    Cbd balm
    Flexaril as needed
    Aspirin
    Benedryl
    Ventolin inhaler
    Lactibiane probiotic

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.