Home Forums General Discussion Three Years on… and doing well :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cathlo
    Participant

Hi All, I just wanted to write a post i have wanted to write for a long time… that after three years on mino, I am doing really well, and owe so so much to this website… and all the info that it provides… and a huge thank you to the moderators & all who have helped over time.
    It’s been a slow journey, with many ups & downs – progressions & regressions – and still i have a few RA symptoms in the background – but they are very much minor/background now. My blood tests are normal on all levels (still low red & white cell count – but better than it was) – and RF in normal range, and no psorasis (psorasis was mild, but now gone completely with cutting out gluten & sugar).
    Three years ago, I remember finding this website, and wondering how it could possibly work, when all the UK docs were telling me there was no hope, and i just had to take these super strong drugs for life. But because of this website, I read The Road Back, plus a million other books/articles, started mino, and radically changed my diet.
    I don’t believe my journey is over, but it is into a good stretch, and if I am careful and look after my health, I believe i have a really good chance for a long time to come now.
    I wish that everyone can write such a post. But if you can’t now, I hope that this gives hope. Do ask any questions.
    Cath

2013 Poor gut & low white blood cells. Jan 2014 RA symptoms. Diet - no gluten/dairy/nightshades/sugar. Started AP in Oct 2014. On Mino MTWTF. RA improved but still there. Many supplements.

Maz
    Keymaster

Cath, this is so great to hear! Thanks so much for kindly returning to share your success with AP and how diet modifications supported your treatment! Can we count on you for a remission Story submission any time in the near future or are you still finding your feet? If you feel ready, we’d love to add your story – it’s a great way to pay-it-forward to newcomers who are wondering if the treatment will help them – and it’s easy to submit it now with the automated submission form found here:

Tell Us Your Story

The timing of your return to wellbeing is not far off what Dr. Brown shared from his clinical experience in the Henry Scammell book:

In the most entrenched and recalcitrant cases, it can take up to thirty months from the beginning of therapy until the patient clearly turns the corner toward improvement, and the achievement of lasting remission can take several years….In shorter-term cases – and short term doesn’t necessarily mean less severe – complete remission can be achieved in less than six months. —The New Arthritis Breakthrough, by Henry Scammell, pages 269-270

Great stuff, Cath! YAY!

Cathlo
    Participant

Thanks Maz for your words. I am definitely not in remission – RA is still there & as is its way, goes in waves – but waves are small now. Happy to write a story about the last three years… and my journey to a fabulous degree of health & fitness compared to what the docs were ‘promising’ me.

2013 Poor gut & low white blood cells. Jan 2014 RA symptoms. Diet - no gluten/dairy/nightshades/sugar. Started AP in Oct 2014. On Mino MTWTF. RA improved but still there. Many supplements.

Maz
    Keymaster

No worries, Cath….when you’re ready is just the way we like it for remission story submissions – they are then authentic and truly helpful for others. Just felt excited to hear your good news and couldn’t help but ask.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.