Home Forums General Discussion The "R" Word

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bonnielou
    Keymaster

Yesterday was a holiday for me (the joys of public employment) — and I filled it with medical appointments, including a 6 month follow up with my rheumatologist. She used the “R” word for the first time — Remission!

Now, she qualified that it’s a drug managed remission, and she doesn’t want me changing my medications. But it was the first time she has uttered that word in the 3 years I have been seeing her. No clinical signs of inflammation or disease. She ordered some more blood work, but she didn’t seem too interested in what it has to say.

So it really did become a holiday — I used a tablecloth and candles at dinner last night, and my husband and I toasted with sparkling cider. A big ‘thank you’ to everyone at The Road Back.

Bonnie

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Krys
    Participant

You made me cry happy tears. This is such wonderful and inspiring news! Thank you for posting it!
    Krys

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Bonnielou – that is truly wonderful news. Thank you so much for posting it. So what is your – now maintenance – treatment regime? Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

Just such wonderful news, Bonnielou! 😀

You made a good point for the newbies in that you’ve been on AP for 3 years. AP is an exercise in patience, but just think where you’d be after 3 years on Methotrexate and Prednisone?

Enjoy feeling good!

Take care…..kim

mj47
    Participant

YES!!!! That is fabulous Bonnielou! Great news. So happy for you!
    ~mj

hopefulmama
    Participant

Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing your wonderful news!!! May this remission be permanent.

A

maz.aust
    Participant

Wow what great news …. I am soooo happy for you.

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

mschmidt
    Participant

Fantastic news–congratulations!! 😀 😀 Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and I wish you many, many years of continued health!

Maria

judy cash
    Participant

GREAT NEWS, HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO DO WELL……. Judy
    Judy

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Congratulation! Really, your news make me so happy and confident! So happy for you all all of us here who know AP! triple hip-hip hooray for the R word!

bonnielou
    Keymaster

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

Bonnielou – that is truly wonderful news. Thank you so much for posting it. So what is your – now maintenance – treatment regime? Lynnie

Hi Lynnie. My maintenance routine is the basic 100mg mino MWF, and 200mg plaquenil Sa/Su. She said we could probably cut back to 1 plaquenil next spring — but to leave things as they are through the winter.

My supplements are pretty standard, and include fish oil, priobiotics, a multivitamin, calcium, vitamin C, lysine (to address my cold sore issue), MSM (just 1000mg/day), DHEA, D3, CoQ10. I also use a bioidentical hormone cream (progesterone and testosterone). It sounds like a lot I guess.

But heck, it’s working. And other than a somewhat blue right calf, and some residual issues in my body (hands and feet mostly) — I feel great. My back is sore today — but it’s from overdoing yoga. And that’s a good problem to have. I pray that all of us find relief.

Peace and blessings.
    Bonnie

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.