Home Forums General Discussion The new bulletin board software is here

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hopefully the safeguards in this new software will keep the spammers at bay. The site may look a bit different later as we adjust to it. We wanted to get it online as soon as possible.

linda
    Participant

Finally there is no spam at all,
     Let's talk antibiotic protocol!

Okay, I'm done. Much thanks to all those who set up our new site!

linda

Jennhere
    Participant

I have a question.  Is it possible to make the name of a new poster posting a response… the direct link to that post?  Rather than going to the link that takes you to the top of the post.  😯 am I making sense???

It's just that when you have to click on the original post to get to the latest post.  Wading through it all is how it feels. Right now, not such a huge problem, but already there is one sub-category that has two pages.  So each time you want to see the latest posting… you have to click on the sub-category in General Discussion, then click on page 2 and scroll down.  It would be easier if the software permits… I don't know that it does… to click on the name of the new posting poster and get straight to that latest post. 

Also, I would just like to say again… That a bunch of organized forums would be better in this new format.  NOT that the old board wasn't great- but this board is SOOO different that trying to make the same board here is going to be ..I think.. impossible.  For instance, I want to ask a technical question about the board.  So, rather than make a new post which will just add to the lenght of posts in “General Discussion”… I tried to find a post already up about the board.  If there was a category for “Technical Help” or “Admin” … then a new post could be put there and be a part of that forum separate from the “General Discussion” or separate from a “New to AP” forum. 

EDIT_  I figured it out!!  If you click on the arrow, it takes you to the latest post.  Ahhhhh.  So much better!  Taking off the wading boots now.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Jenn,

I was going to reply and tell you about the little arrow that takes you directly to the last post, but I saw your edit, so now I am posting ” don'tcha just love that edit function” I sure do.

Cheryl

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ The new bulletin board software is here’ is closed to new replies.