Home Forums General Discussion taking emycin, feeling good

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ellie6
    Participant

My NP prescribed low dose erythromycin to be taken at bedtime as a prokinetic for SIBO. I have been taking it for 2 months and I am amazed at how little pain I have. I t was not prescribed as a means to treat my psoriatic arthritis/spondylitis spinal pain but it has made a major difference. Has anyone else had major improvements with emycin? I do not know if my NP will be open to me continuing on it long term.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Ellie,
    @ellie6 wrote:

My NP prescribed low dose erythromycin to be taken at bedtime as a prokinetic for SIBO. I have been taking it for 2 months and I am amazed at how little pain I have.

How low of a dose?

@ellie6 wrote:

It was not prescribed as a means to treat my psoriatic arthritis/spondylitis spinal pain but it has made a major difference. Has anyone else had major improvements with emycin? I do not know if my NP will be open to me continuing on it long term.

Erythromycin is one of the antibiotics that Dr. Brown used. It’s a macrolide antibiotic, just like azithromycin, clarithromycin, and roxithromycin. All of those antibiotics have been used to treat rheumatic diseases.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

ellie6
    Participant

The dosage is 50mg

flower
    Participant

Hi Ellie

I have Psa 🙄 and I’m looking for a solution for bursitis in my right knee .

where you’ve got bursitis? 🙁

I’ve tried erythromycin at a dose of 250 mg x 3 times a day and after 250 x 2 times a day but seems that worked more minocycline for me .

However I have also seen improvements with erythromycin.

:geek:

flower
    Participant

@ellie6 wrote:

The dosage is 50mg

you started immediately with this dosage?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.