Home Forums General Discussion Swollen Knee Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Valsmum
    Participant

I have one swollen knee, the kind that could be aspirated right now and fill 2 syringes. I do not do well with cortisone shots and I avoid them. Has anyone used another medicine that was injected into their knee with good results? Also has anyone used anything topical whether prescription or over the counter that reduced the swelling in their knee? For example, voltaren gel, could this reduce the swelling in my knee if I rub it on it? I have prescription for it but have not filled it.

Has anyone ever heard of galium nitrate? It used for horse arthritis but people have used it by accident (topically) and they swear by it. Sounds scary to me, but so does metheltrexate.

Thank you!

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hi, valsmum:

You know, I have AS and like You once experienced the excessive knee edema. Upon closer inspection, I found that–in my case–this was due to something like ‘megacolon,’ or a type of bowel issue. When this ‘organ of elimination’ becomes inflammed, it can reject lymph that is trying to exit normally, and it will flow through the legs and pool first in the knees and then fall down to the ankles.

I was never able to coordinate with the physician to have the knees aspirated (usually affected one at a time), but I did fasting and the Edgar Cayce Castor Oil (Palma Christi) packs, which are described in Zampieron et al’s otherwise great book: “Arthritis: An Alternative Medicine Definitive Guide.” They (and nearly all of osteopathy) neglect to mention that these packs originated in the Cayce material, which I am very familiar with. This helps to mobilize the lymph and rejuvenate the colon and best also to take the castor oil internally as well. But I took myrrh that can also be found in “Swedish Bitters,” but it will require quite a bit–even up to several ounces over a day! And the two things I recommend most are GLA from borage seed oil (2g effective–maybe up to 10 capsules upon retiring) and fresh wheatgrass juice (4-6oz on empty stomach each of three days in a row).

Then there are antibiotics and a topic I hate to cover, but the colon must be cleaned out–coffee enemas and I have even used
    retention mixtures that contain 3-4g of sulfasalazine (it was not enteric-coated, so went into solution rapidly; the enteric-coated Azulfidine-EN is what we should be using if taking this at all).

But whatever has happened might be similar to what I went through, and it took some time for my knee to get back to normal and even over a year to stop being painful from the worst experience, but this is a sign things are not right and there is something that has aggravated the colon. I had ‘cryptitis,’ similar to diverticulitis. So if You have had relief with the diet for AS, You might also be careful enough with certain foods–perhaps testing with iodine or accidentally got something off limits (like caramel or something fried or other bad oil–these oils that are ‘denatured’ can cause terrible problems like this: We require enough EVOliveOil that is hydrophobic whereas heated oils become hydrophillic and can work against us by trapping bacterial substrate and even conducting the bad pathogen into our existing lesions).

Please keep knee wrapped somewhat tightly and especially with warm castor oil poultice if possible, and elevated; the swelling will go down, but the cause must be addressed quickly. Fasting will help the most, but it is not always practical at a moments notice–but be strict as possible and no tiny seeds like from strawberry or boysenberries; nothing hard like that for now.

Good Luck with it, and please let us know how You are doing,
    HEALTH,
    John

Valsmum
    Participant

Thank you John,
    You are kind to offer your advice. I will have to try what you mentioned for sure. My grandpa died of colon cancer last year and I know this RA stuff has a lot to do with the gut and colon. I have never tried wheatgrass but I have read alot of good things about it. I got a juicer recently and was going to do a juice fast but I haven’t started yet.I did notice castor oil helps ALOT on my big fat swollen knee, I put alot on it today and tonight it is doing better than last night and I did not change anything besides that amount of castor oil I applied to my knee.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Good Health to you too.

Sheri

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.