Home Forums General Discussion Swelling with Mino

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Woods1977
    Participant

Hi everyone…

I’m not 100% certain, but I feel as though I’m experiencing excessive swelling/water retention as a result of taking Minocycline. I notice that I seem to urinate more frequently when I’m on Mino (mostly at night), and I experience swelling in my legs that I normally don’t experience. Has anyone had this experience, or have any feedback to share?

Thanks,
    Michelle

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

Are you taking any other medications, like an NSAID?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Woods1977
    Participant

Hi Phil,
    Yes, I take 2-3 NSAIDs per day and a Pro-Biotic.

Spiffy

I, too, have noticed more fluid retention in my feet and ankles…especially my left foot. Looks fine in the morning and sometimes is fine at night, but sometimes I do get a little creeped out with the puffiness in feet. I looked it up and it does say that minocyclene can cause fluid retention in individuals but it is not common. Mine is not so bad but would like to know the cause.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Woods1977
    Participant

Funny Spiffy- my right ankle is worse than my left, and it’s minimal in the AM, but gets worse throughout the day.

Spiffy

How are you doing? Are you in remission? Yours was one of the first stories I followed when I first got sick. I so hope you are doing well.

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

Which NSAID are you taking? You should see a doctor and get some blood tests done. You need to make sure that your kidneys are working OK.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Spiffy

My eGFR was back up to 97 last time. I can’t blame kidneys. Maz had mentioned thyroid as a possibility.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

CMS12
    Participant

That’s funny. I have what I call Minnie Mouse feet. Figured that was RA. I’ve noticed my ankles are slightly swollen too but again thought that was RA related. Didn’t occur to me it could be fluid retention.

I too followed your story, Michelle, and would love an update on how your doing on AP.

Cindy.

Maz
    Keymaster

In case it helps, it is worth reading through the Dr. Brown speech transcript on the site as he talks about the puffiness in RA that can occur and how to treat it. You’ll find that section in bold type at the following link:

https://www.roadback.org/resources/journal-articles/guidelines-for-infectious-hypersensitivity-approach-to-the-treatment-of-rheumatoid-arthritis/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.