Home Forums General Discussion Swelling in hands

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lisa35
    Participant

How long after starting AP therapy did it take for swelling to go down? My daughter has Scleroderma(crest) and I notice some improvements after 2 weeks but now it seems like improvement has stop. No herx, just twice she c/o headache. Any advice? I cut out dairy, most gluten, and sugar. Any suggestions? Any supplements?

richie
    Participant

This is a long term therapy —that there is some improvement in 2 weeks is remarkable –it took about two years for swelling inhands to go down and about 4 years for contractures to completely reverse –improvements will be gradual and long term –use patience !!!

JeffN
    Participant

As Richie says this is a long term process. My first improvements were noticed three weeks into AP, my digital ulcers were beginning to heal. I should have kept some sort of written log but did not unfortunately. I do remember that my swelling and other SD issues did stop getting worse almost immediately after beginning AP. What is your daughters dosage?

Lisa35
    Participant

Her dosage is 50mg twice daily… She’s 75 pounds and 11 years old. She’s going back soon to Md I’m going to request he increase her dose

JeffN
    Participant

I am not advocating a particular dosage. Just curious, I am way older and larger ;). Very happy she has seen improvement.

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

I saw some hints of improvements within the first couple weeks of starting antbiotics as well, so I don’t think it’s that unusual that your daughter is seeing changes already. But I do think it will probably be a long while until her hands are normal again. It took about 6 months of AP for my hands to be back to normal and my symptoms werent too advanced when I started.
    Hang in there! She will get her hands back.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Lisa35
    Participant

Thanks Pinkmoth

This is very challenging and hard to explain and accept as a mother of a child dealing with this hortible disease. I pray daily for God to cover her through this storm. Her little muscles feels so weak.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.