Home Forums General Discussion supplements

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SJJ
    Participant

Hello everyone> I know that on top of our different connective tissue diseases, many of us feel there have been other triggers. Due to those different triggers, whether viruses, bacteria, spirochetes, metal etc. many supplements can be helpful. What supplements are you taking and why? Specifically looking for supplements that help with detoxification. Whether heavy metal, or microorganisms, I’m interested in both. Also I cannot take any dairy…so no colustrum of kefir will work for me. And yes, I know it is all very individual and should be discussed with a doctor. However, I believe in being my own advocate and not just rely on a doctor to tell me what I need. Thanks everyone

jasregadoo

I take milk thistle to help my liver detox. I know others do a lemon juice / olive oil drink that can help. I have not tried it. I drink a LOT of water.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

For me, one of the best sups I take is N-AC (n-acetyl cysteine). A great liver de-toxifier, terrific for the lungs. Widely available and it doesn’t seem to matter which brand you take. I take 1 x 600mg capsule twice a day.

I also started on a very good bovine colostrum (from first 16 hours and from grass fed cows) some months back which I found to be extremely helpful (I was quite unwell at the time, with some viruses re-stirred up in my system). I started cautiously because I am also a non-dairy person. I have found no problems with it.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Misty
    Participant

Hello SJJ,
    Have you tried the AIP diet? A long jurney to get rid of toxic problems, but worth it! The supplements really dont work that well if your gut is not in shape, at least this is what I have learned through my own long battle.

Good Luck!

Spiffy

In addition to above I recommend phytosterols. They seem to bind to toxins with no side effects…I hope.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

Lynnie, I am amazed you are able to do colostrum being non dairy. I am very IGG allergic to milk. I would love to give it a try!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Spiffy, are you lactose intolerant or is it the casein protein you have an allergy to? It could make a big difference.

In terms of lactose, this doesn’t seem to be an issue for me because the amount is so very small in the colostrum from first 16 hours.
    This is from an FAQ section on one colostrum site (it’s not the brand I take BTW)

Q: I’m lactose-intolerant, can I still take colostrum?

A. The amount of lactose in a “first milking” colostrum is so small that it can be taken by those who have a lactose intolerance. In many cases, colostrum heals the intestinal wall thereby reducing or eliminating many food allergies – including allergic reactions to dairy products.

http://www.bulkcolostrum.com/colostrum_frequently_asked_questions.html

If it’s the casein protein that you have an issue with – which is what I believe constitutes most “allergies” to milk I think there are colostrum products on the market in the US which are casein-free. You’d need to research to find those.

Some info on milk allergy types at this link.

http://www.healthline.com/health/allergies/milk

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.